UKC

Buffalo Teclite Shirt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pepperpot 09 Nov 2012
Just wondered if anyone has a Buffalo Teclite shirt? What do you think? How warm are they? Too hot?

Thinking of getting one as a catch all top for general mucking about, very cold runs, and mountain biking.
 Ron Walker 09 Nov 2012
In reply to pepperpot:

A friend has an old one and uses it for everything from ski touring, running, biking to climbing. Very similar in performance to the old Rab VR but more wind-proof and cooler the the new Rab VR's. It's a lot cooler than the Buffalo Shirts BTW!
A good bit of durable and versatile kit, though Buffalo is now out of fashion with many less experienced non professional outdoor users...
OP pepperpot 09 Nov 2012
In reply to Ron Walker:

Way beyond the age where fashion is key. I just want to be comfortable without buggering about...
Robert Dickson 09 Nov 2012
In reply to pepperpot: Hi, I got the cycling specific one (naff yellow) and I must say my experience is mixed. The cut seems just plain weird. Initially I ordered a medium online from Needlesports after a chat with them re. sizing. When I got it, it was huge! I'm 5'9" and it was like wearing ( I imagine, cough) a very long rustly yellow dress. It came to mid-thigh at the front. They kindly replaced it with a small, which is better but still ridiculously long. The sleeves have voluminous, gathered elasticated cuffs which make me feel like I should have a pair of maracas to hand at all times. Also given the loose fit on the arms means that they don't really function as Buffalo gear should in wet weather. I'm a big fan of Buffalo stuff and use their winter version of the cycling shirt on my winter commute and can't fault it.

That's just my experience, and I may have been unlucky or I'm just a very odd shape.
In reply to pepperpot: I cannot fathom why you want to go running in a Buffalo, even the Teclite, even in a blizzard. You will boil.
 Toerag 09 Nov 2012
In reply to pepperpot: I have one having finally killed my tecmax which was awesome, but very warm. It's good at what it does, but I think I might just get a windshirt next time - it's too hot to wear over a fleece or jumper whilst walking, and also just a t-shirt in summer. The pertex is noticeably thinner than on the tecmax and I'm consciously avoiding trashing it, whereas my tecmax was bombproof.
In reply to pepperpot:

My "go-to" outdoor top, much to my son's horror. Light enough to be comfortable when walking, scrambling or climbing; excellent venting options; sleeves can be pushed up; really useful pouch pocket which can easily take OS maps; half decent hood; windproof up to about 25 mph; washes easily I just vary the base layer according to the time of year and, oh yes, too warm for summer wear.

I was recommended the top by some of my students who frequented the moors of south-west England doing fieldwork and I've never regretted the purchase. I just wish they did the shirt in something other than black!
 Ron Walker 16 Nov 2012
In reply to pepperpot:
> (In reply to Ron Walker)
>
> Way beyond the age where fashion is key. I just want to be comfortable without buggering about...

I use the Rab VR smock and would use the Buffalo Teclite next to my skin as it works best that way and I don't have to bugger about with extra layers too...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...