UKC

Chamonix - 16th - 23rd December

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ernieb182 09 Nov 2012
Hello,

Myself and 2 friends were supposed to be skiing in Cham this christmas but the crazy french have decided to keep the resorts closed until the 22nd... Absolutely mental really considering the amount of snow thats already there at the moment!

Anyway, my friend is unsure if he wants to go and do some alpine climbing instead, so I am possibly in the need of a partner for that week, or I am happy to come with a party if one happens to be going that week also!

Thanks,
Bryce.
 Graeme Barr 10 Nov 2012
In reply to ernieb182: That is crazy considering everywhere else seems to be open from the 1st. I'll be in chamonix from the 18th and possibly before so could be up for doing something. What kind of climbing are you looking to do? Looks like it will be day trips through to courmayeur or verbier for skiing which is no great hardship i suppose!
OP ernieb182 10 Nov 2012
In reply to machars: Yeah, I've emailed the Cham site and my mate has tweeted a few of his friends who live there and they say the dates are fixed! Which they're completely puzzled about as well. I can't see them not opening early with the amount of snow thats falling at the minute.

I'd be looking to do some mediumish ice routes/Ridges etc.
 existing debt 10 Nov 2012
In reply to ernieb182: fill your pack full of croissants and coffee, get up early and hike up. You'll have the best run down ever knowing you've earned every turn!! Or get over to courmayeur. Think they do cheap passes on a Wednesday?

I'm heading on the 12 and this is what I plan do to..

smithaldo 11 Nov 2012
In reply to ernieb182: grand montets opens well before then... where else would you need if the snows good!
 Rory Shaw 11 Nov 2012
In reply to ernieb182: There will definitely be partial opening before then. Maybe just on GM tho.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...