UKC

Cheddar conditions - the Crow tomorrow?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ed Babs 10 Nov 2012
Tomorrow is forecast sunny and i'd love to climb the crow. But, is it soaking from all the rain we've had recently? Can any locals advise? Thanks. Ed
 deepstar 10 Nov 2012
In reply to Ed Babs: I drove past High Rock yesterday afternoon and was surprised at how dry it was(considering how much rain we have had),obviously there are some seepages but worth a go!
OP Ed Babs 10 Nov 2012
In reply to deepstar:

Thank you. I will then. : )
 beardy mike 10 Nov 2012
In reply to Ed Babs: I expect the second pitch wouldbe wet, and the cruxof the first pitch, but after that it gets quite steep... might be doable looking at your profile...
 deepstar 10 Nov 2012
In reply to Ed Babs: Hi Ed,I have just driven over to Cheddar and looked again at High Rock and while Mike Kann is right about the higher pitches the lower ones are pretty wet(I would say,not do-able)sorry to have mis-lead you but I was probably looking up at The Sheild to see if anyone was on Coronation Street(they were`nt).
 beardy mike 10 Nov 2012
In reply to deepstar: to be fair, I did the first three pitches when it had been raining a few days before, and I could only just follow the first pitch... It's steeper than it looks and it's super tenuous if you can't rely on your hands. The 5a pitch after I even more prone to wetness and th gear is pretty bad, I'd not want to come off it. I only just led it... Bu I guess if you lead e4 then your more talented than me, but I'd still say its not the right day...
OP Ed Babs 10 Nov 2012
Thank you both. I am sure you are right and its not the right day (or year!).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...