UKC

Binnein Beag from Glen Nevis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mhart 10 Nov 2012
Thinking of attempting this soon, is there a recommended route/path from glen nevis to Binnein Beag or is it pretty much pick a spot to cross the water of nevis and just head straight up the slopes towards the summit?
 kwoods 10 Nov 2012
In reply to mhart: This is how I climbed the hill. Just follow your nose and cross the river where you can find a spot. I descended back on a vague scree path that leaves the summit directly although that fizzles out soon and it's grass all the way to the glen bottom.
 Jamie Hageman 10 Nov 2012
In reply to mhart: Yep, it's a long walk along Glen Nevis, quite boggy in places. A more interesting approach is from Kinlochleven, past the high lochans and up to the bealach between it and Binnein Mor. You could then scramble up the northeast ridge of Binnein Mor to the summit - grade 1 in snow and very enjoyable.
If you do go in from Glen Nevis, avoid it on Monday and Tuesday this coming week as the gorge path is closed for repairs.
TOS 10 Nov 2012
In reply to mhart:

I crossed the Water of Nevis half a km west of Tom an Eite then SW on the big spur to the top.

I take it you've done the other Mamores and this is one you have left?
mhart 10 Nov 2012
In reply to Gaupa: Cheers for the replies.

Nope got Sgurr Elide Mor left as well so sounds as though it would be more interesting from K'leven. Just fancied trying Binnein Beag from Glen Nevis.
mhart 10 Nov 2012
In reply to Jamie Hageman: OK cheers for the heads up on that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...