UKC

Non/Short Contract internet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
thinbennyboy 12 Nov 2012
I am looking at getting internet for my new flat but I don't think I will be there for a whole year just wondering if anyone knew of any good short contract internet companys?

Ben
KevinD 12 Nov 2012
In reply to thinbennyboy:

i have just started looking at this myself but the choice aint great.
o2 seem to be the main ones offering short term.
Alternatively mobile broadband might be an option depending on your usage. Again one month rolling contracts and, well. mobile.
Be interested to see if there are any better options though.
 oddtoast 12 Nov 2012
They are not the cheapest but have found BE to have unusually good customer service and no throttling. You can also get static IPs, and their tech support actually knows what they're talking about if you need to get advanced settings for setting up servers etc.

https://www.bethere.co.uk/web/beportal/shorttermcontracts

You can get landline from them now too which would also recommend if in your area (both 3 month contracts). They paid for a BT engineer to spend a day rewiring our connection at our old place when we had low speed problems and took it from 2meg to 17meg.

Have stuck with them for 4 different houses now which is saying something

good luck finding what you need.
 dsh 12 Nov 2012

I am in the same situation and went with Tesco as they do a 30 day rolling contract unlimited package.

I can't tell you if it's any good yet as I ordered it last Monday and it's not being connected until Friday which is a bit of a pain but it seems like good value and it also comes with unlimited anytime calls.
Jim C 12 Nov 2012
> I am looking at getting internet for my new flat but I don't think I will be there for a whole year just wondering if anyone knew of any good short contract internet companys?
>
> Ben

Failing all else , check your phone and look for any unsecured wifi from 'kindly neighbours'. I have my own setup , but I also have a neighbour who 'shares' Not sure who it is , but it must be close, as I struggle to get a signal in my own house on my own network due to the old property and thick walls.

MJH 12 Nov 2012
In reply to thinbennyboy: Another vote for BE here.
 hokkyokusei 12 Nov 2012
In reply to MJH:
> (In reply to thinbennyboy) Another vote for BE here.

...and here.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...