UKC

Heel pain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goldmember 12 Nov 2012
I've just recovered from plantar fasciitis on my right foot. It affected the front area on my foot, I couldn’t really walk or run. But it’s since cleared up and I have been out running again.

Recently my right heel has flared up, at the front of my heel. my heel is sore to walk on, very sore to run on. However running on soft grass isn’t to bad. Having done a bit of reading I think it maybe a bone spur.

Has anyone had any experience of these? Im eating painkillers to allow me to go running. any help is very welcome?
siisu 12 Nov 2012
In reply to goldmember:
Another possibility to consider is an achilles problem.
OP goldmember 12 Nov 2012
In reply to siisu: ok. thanks, i'll read into it. But i thought the two could be connected
 ablackett 12 Nov 2012
In reply to goldmember: Have you increased your mileage lots recently? I went from not much running to 50+ miles a week and developed a lump and pain where the achilles joins the heal.

The physio described how the achilles was pulling away from the heal because of the increased use and the gap was filling with new, tender bone, which was sore for a few days after a run. Ice after each run eased it up, it has since settled down to a couple of pain free boney lumps.

Where is the front of the heal? Bottom of your foot or top of your foot?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...