UKC

Council MOT Centre - Leeds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Malloch 12 Nov 2012
I got recommended the below MOT Centre a few weeks ago but the thread's been archived now...

225a York Road, Leeds, LS9 7QQ
Yorkshire

Tel: 01132 143161

Anyway, I've been trying to call them at various times over the last week but can never seem to get an answer. Does anyone know if it's the correct number or if they ever pick up?

Thanks
James
 EeeByGum 12 Nov 2012
In reply to James Malloch: Is there something really special about this MOT centre? Why not just pop down to any old place with the MOT sign outside?
 thebrookster 12 Nov 2012
In reply to James Malloch:

It is to do with the level of service you get.

A council MOT station does only that, MOT's. They do not repair your vehicle.
Many MOT stations have full garages attached, and some of the more unscrupulous places will always "find" something wrong, which of course they can fix and charge you for. Using the council garages is a method of ensuring an honest MOT.

Really depends on how good you are with cars. Myself, I happen to be an engineer, so will happily argue the toss with an MOT garage, as I know what I am talking about. Those who are not as mechanically minded are a bit more vulnerable.
OP James Malloch 12 Nov 2012
In reply to James Malloch:

That summed it up quite well thank you! But essentially yeah, I don't really have a clue about the workings of a car and have had one garage try to charge me 700 for repairs when a second opinion said I only needed one new Tyre out of what they had quoted!

The council one comes recommended too

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...