Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Golf GT TDI owners (or other mid-sized diesels

martinph78 on 12 Nov 2012
May as well ask here, just wondering what real world mpg your getting out of your 1.9tdi Golf, specifically the GT TDI 130?

Selling my Land Rover Discovery with great sadness as I need something much, much, much more economical. I was looking at Citroen C3 1.4hdi's and such but 'm not dead yet, don't have kids, and quite fancy something that's fun but economical (talking average 50mpg+ and extra urban 60mpg+).

Not gonna get the 30 a year road tax that I'd like but would be worth paying a bit extra each year for something less like my mum would drive!

The golf meets the criteria on paper, specifically the torque figures as that would suit my driving style (and hence why I'd like a bit bigger engine). Shame it looks so boring, but I can live with that if it's fun behind the wheel :)

Working out my finances I do genuinely need to be getting over 50mpg on A roads, with 60mpg+ on long drives. I don't do town mileage, mostly going from Durham to the Lakes or South, so A roads and motorways mainly.

I know driving style will make a big difference, but I tend to drive economically/relaxed and sit at 65-70mph on the motorways.

I'd appreciate any pointers regarding the golf. Also looked at the Bora but need to see one in the flesh. Open to other suggestions if you have read this far and don't own a golf :P

Cheers, Martin.

... not showing 74 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums