UKC

Crampons for La Sportiva Trango Alp

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kbow265 12 Nov 2012
Does anyone know what crampons fit well with La Sportiva Trango Alps, and are they properly compatible with semi-automati C2 crampons?
 Neil Pratt 13 Nov 2012
In reply to florence58:

I've used mine (size 45) with Grivel Airtechs / newmatic binding and had no problems with fit or function.
 TobyA 13 Nov 2012
In reply to florence58: How do they differ from Trango Ss? They look quite similar. Anyway I've used G12 new matics on my very old Ss with no problems at all. Even done proper ice climbing in them and was impressed. Hope that helps.
 kyaizawa 20 Nov 2012
In reply to florence58: I use BD Seracs at the moment with my Trango Extremes and they fit very well - especially in the smaller sizes (I've got EU40s) I found the Sportiva heel fits the BD crampons better than similar Grivels, which seemed at the time to be designed for a slightly wider boot.
I've had a play with some Trango Alps in a shop and they do take a C2 semi-auto very well.
 Malpractise 20 Nov 2012
In reply to Ditch_Jockey: +1 for Air Techs, 3 seasons, summer and alpine, no probs. Did have to buy the bendy connecting bar for them mind.
OP kbow265 21 Nov 2012
In reply to Malpractise: Did you have to get the bendy bar to close up the gap between the sole of the toe and the crampon? That's the problem I had with size 43s.
 Malpractise 21 Nov 2012
In reply to florence58: No, I found the Air Tech didn't sit quiet right with the standard bar and they fell off a few times. No probs since fitting the assymetric bar.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...