Rock Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Dorking and climbing?

AJM - on 13 Nov 2012
So, obviously it's in the south east so it isn't exactly going to be great. but I might have to spend a few months there for work.

Walls nearby? I'm guessing either Guildford (Craggy) or perhaps heading back into London? Craggy 2, if I've found it right, isn't too far away on the train? Is getting back into London for stuff like the biscuit factory feasible?

Outside? Google maps looks like its under an hour to Stone Farm and about an hour to Harrisons. Is that fantasy fairyland if you were leaving work at 6 say to expect to get a couple of hours of bouldering in, or is it more like 2 hours in typical evening traffic?

And which of the sandstone outcrops are best for bouldering on the west side of the area - is stone farm say any good for bouldering say V4-7 range? I have spent a bit of time further east at Harrison's mainly, but usually roped rather than bouldering.
... not showing 28 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums