/ M.E Assualt glove

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Cameron94 on 13 Nov 2012
I know they are pretty new but has anyone used the m.e assualt gloves?
Any feedback would be awesome!
Cheers
Captain Gear - on 13 Nov 2012
In reply to Cameron94:

Hi Cameron,

Take this with a large pinch of salt. I haven't used a pair of Assualts but I have tried on and played around with a prototype pair.

ME's gloves are generally excellent with good build quality and well thought out designs. They are pretty good value too.

The Assualts are a lightly insulated, dextorous gauntlet with a gore-tex lining. They'll be excellent for winter alpine/icefall climbing.

I'd definatley use a pair, but I'm not sure If I'd pay 80 for pair.

They are probably slightly better than ME's excellent guide gloves: http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Technical-Clothing/Hands/Waterproof-Gloves-Mitts/Mens-Guide-Gl...

But I bet there aren't 35 better. I'd get them instead and spend the extra 35 on going climbing!

HTH
Cameron94 on 13 Nov 2012
In reply to Captain Gear: If you could get them for sixty would you choose them over the guides?
I already own two pairs of guides which I rate but looking for something a bit better to climb in.

Cheers for the reply!
Captain Gear - on 13 Nov 2012
In reply to Cameron94:
> (In reply to Captain Gear) If you could get them for sixty would you choose them over the guides?

If I had 2 pairs of guide gloves, that weren't kanckered I don't think I'd both buying any gloves at all...

> I already own two pairs of guides which I rate but looking for something a bit better to climb in.
>
Assuming the guides fit you well I'd have thought they'd be fine for most routes, until you get to very hard mixed climbs where a thin pair of softshell gloves like ME super alpines might be better.

What do you find poor about the guides for climbing?
iksander on 13 Nov 2012
In reply to Cameron94: Not an answer to your question, but I really rate the ME Mountain Stretch gloves, I found the Guides "mushy" but it was an old version - maybe the fit better now. Outdoor Research and Mountain Hardware gloves are definitely worth a look too. Also seen ME Cascade Xtrafit gloves for 70 which look good value compared to the Assualts
galpinos - on 13 Nov 2012
In reply to Cameron94:

Glove preferences for Scottish Winter:

Walk-In Powerstretch Fleece
General Climbing ME Randonee
Hard Mixed ME Super Alpine
Belay/Back-Up Mercury Mitts

Ive not tried the Assault but cant see them swaying me from my current system.
Cameron94 on 13 Nov 2012
In reply to Cameron94: The fabric has some wear showing around the thumb, don't think it'll be too long before it goes completely.

I've had a pair of stretch mountains as well, thought they were really good gloves all of one days use before realising they were too small and selling them on.

flett53 - on 14 Nov 2012
In reply to Cameron94: I have a pair, they seem fine so far, only thing is order a bigger size than you normally take, as they are quite tight fitting
Cameron94 on 14 Nov 2012
In reply to flett53: Cheers
flett53 - on 14 Nov 2012
In reply to Cameron94: Also if you are a member of the McoS you get a cheeky discount at some good outdoor shops! check out the out http://www.theoutdoorshop.com/showPart.asp?part=PN5037

And get them even cheaper with your McoS discount

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.