ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - dogging tactics

foxjerk - on 14 Nov 2012
sorry if you thought this might relate to the position you park your car to attract fellow doggees.

so, my 'style' if i have ever had one, is to get to the top without any rests. having done more sport climbing and indoor leading lately i see lots of people (including my mates) taking rests. my question is, do you dog at point of failure or at a convenient point to prepare for the next move (or both)?

i can see why dogging is good as it helps you to train and climb harder routes, and i am starting to do it more, but i can't help thinking in the back of my mind that its a bit cheaty! i sometimes think of climbing as an evolutionary activity and escape route from predators/attackers and tell myself that if i need to dog then i would have fallen and died anyway, and the wolves/baddies would have gotten me in the end anyway.

please feel free to make jokes about the term dogging, mock me for my opinion or laugh at your perception of my views about climbing!
... not showing 18 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums