/ NEWS: VIDEO: Red River Gorge, the movie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
UKC News - on 15 Nov 2012
Cédric Lachat on Pure Imagination, 9a, Red River Gorge, 3 kbHere is sort of a Red River Gorge wrap-up video from Cédric Lachat.
It features Daniel Woods, Cédric Lachat, Nina Caprez, Mike Fuselier, Gérome Pouvreau and, of course the one and only, Adam Ondra.
Featured routes are, Southern smoke direct, Ultra perm, Pure imagination and The Golden ticket.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67610
Morgan Woods - on 15 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News:

What a treat....some great camera work there.
Niall Grimes - on 15 Nov 2012
Supoib. Loved dat.
Fraser on 15 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Very watchable! Interesting to note the apparently poor condition of some of the fixed crabs in 'Ultra Perm' (the route Nina Caprez climbs), given the warning in another thread.
Quarryboy - on 15 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Personally I found the twitchy editing and music pretty distracting from the films actual sick content.
Robert Durran - on 16 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News:

What a truly shit film; everything that is great in sport climbing ruined (it couldn't have been worse if he'd tried) by all the most irritating editing gimmicks ever devised my man. Even the captions were almost unreadable. And the music really plumbed the depths.

Virtually unwatchable.

Whatever is wrong with pointing a camera and letting the climbing do the talking?

abarro81 - on 16 Nov 2012
In reply to Robert Durran:
I thought it was good. Got me well psyched
AJM - on 16 Nov 2012
In reply to abarro81:

I thought they had some very good psyche inducing footage there, but in a way I'd have
been more psyched to see, for example, a cut down section of film of each of the 2-3 people they have doing Pure Imagination rather than that bizarre cutting between redpoints effect the whole way through.

I do want to go though!
jon on 16 Nov 2012

I agree with you about the music Rob, but of course that's just our opinion... Ondra's screaming has started to really annoy me too.
witnessthis - on 16 Nov 2012
In reply to AJM:
> (In reply to abarro81)
>
> I thought they had some very good psyche inducing footage there, but in a way I'd have
> been more psyched to see, for example, a cut down section of film of each of the 2-3 people they have doing Pure Imagination rather than that bizarre cutting between redpoints effect the whole way through.
>
> I do want to go though!

Some of the best rock on the planet to climb on.
New guide out by March possibly.The area is forever expanding in number of routes/crags.Whether you climb 6b or 9a there are classic routes with loads of character.
Only draw back is the humidity that when its hot can stifle enthusiasm a bit.

Robert Durran - on 16 Nov 2012
In reply to jon:
> (In reply to Robert Durran)
>
> I agree with you about the music Rob, but of course that's just our opinion... Ondra's screaming has started to really annoy me too.

Yes, liking that music is the equivalent of having a taste for sipping stale vomit (and to like the film one would need to have the attention span of a retarded flee).

I actually quite like Ondra's power screams. It gives an inspiring unashamed impression of real mortal effort, not just god-like talent. I've even started modelling my own on them.

tom290483 - on 16 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent Film. Personally thought the music was quality.
Rollo - on 16 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Is Pure Imagination 9a or 8c+?? Seemed to be labled as both?

Music is poor, editing is annoying.
abarro81 - on 16 Nov 2012
In reply to Rollo:
Considered 8c+ now. Where is it labelled 9a? I just see the 8c+ at 4.54

I like most of the music.
Daniel Heath - on 16 Nov 2012
> (In reply to jon)
> [...]
>
> I actually quite like Ondra's power screams. It gives an inspiring unashamed impression of real mortal effort, not just god-like talent. I've even started modelling my own on them.

+1 well put
jon on 16 Nov 2012
> (In reply to jon)

> I actually quite like Ondra's power screams. It gives an inspiring unashamed impression of real mortal effort, not just god-like talent. I've even started modelling my own on them.

This power screaming is fine for youngsters, Rob, but for someone of your more mature years I'd have thought a stern talking to would suffice: "Come on Durran, pull yourself together man..."

henwardian - on 16 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News: JESUS H CHRIST!
The music I can turn off so that is less of a pain but the editing is absolutely unwatchable. I really wanted to see footage of hard climbs getting crushed at the Red River Gorge but I only managed to get half way through this clip before I had a cerebral haemotoma and had to turn it off.
alexspurling - on 19 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Anyone care to explain how the quickdraw might unclip itself in the last part of the video? It doesn't look back-clipped to me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.