Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Corroding zips and consumer rights

Wonrek - on 16 Nov 2012
Earlier this year Ibought a Slomon S-Lab 5 bag and have been nothing but pleased with it until recently.

I've always looked after the sack, emptying it and hanging it up when I get home. Howevere two side pocket zips have now corroded shut and despite my best efforts I cant get them to budge.

Now I only bought th bag in March so I kinda expect it to last a bit longer than that so I sent it back to Wiggle explaining that they hadnt come into contact with anything untoward, indeed the bag only shows signs of normal use.

Unfortunately Wiggle have come back and said that I am at fault for storing the bag damp which simply isn't true and there's no evidence for this (no mildew on the fabric) and indeed there is a third zip which works fine.

They've offered to send it on to Salomon but they say they do not believe it to be a manufacturing fault.

Is there nothing I can do? I loved the bag and I did look after it but nine months use for a 100 bag isn't what I'd expect.

Advice?
... not showing 29 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums