UKC

Yet Another Sleeping Bag Question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kbow265 16 Nov 2012
My current synthetic bag has been abused for over 12 years now and definitely not as warm as it used to be. Looking to get a 4 season bag to do some wintery adventures.

Had a look at some Alpkit stuff and it looks pretty good, but worried about keeping it dry while bivvying. On the other hand they do seem quite a bit lighter compared to the equivalent temperature synthetic bags.

Any opinions or other suggestions?
 Belayathon 16 Nov 2012
In reply to florence58:
Hi I have the alpikit pipe dream 400 I bought it for its small pack size for doi g a two day hillwalk alpikit were friendly and it arrived within 2 days. The bag is excellent you get 3 stuff sacks and I camped with a frost the next morning fine, I was intending on using the same bag for a si ter camp hopefully only down to zero. Of maybe minus a bit :-/ the bag has virtually be insulation on top (as most bags do) I used a foam mat and a therm arrest. The only draw back is that it's a bit tight as I like to sleep on my side the entire bag moves with you hence not much I satin. On my back. I ate loads before I wen to sleep think that might have been the charm!

I was Hopi g to go over Xmas and wanted a warmer bag to avert potential death (not the cold my girl friend killi g me) alpikit have no stock of the heavier bags till after Xmas but I just wouldn't want to buy a different one as the quality price and performance is great

Ps anyone think putting a alpikit hunka bag over the top for a night might allow me to go a few deg colder?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...