UKC

Craggy Guildford

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Caveclimber 17 Nov 2012
So I love the fact that craggy has spent a small fortune on upgrading the walls and introducing the dry tooling. But I still feel that something is missing.

What I really want is new/more route setters. Other walls provide a bigger choice of climbing because they employee more then one/two route setters. Even if craggy could start introducing quest setters on a regular basis that would be awesome.

I love craggy and I would never leave but I feel this change would make it even better. So many of my friends are leaving because of this reason and I fear that I will be the only one left.

What does everyone else think?
thegreatmarkie 17 Nov 2012
In reply to Caveclimber: I mainly climb at craggy2 so mainly boulder, but regularly go to guilford and the bigger indoor venues in london. i wish mark and his team set in other venues except craggy!! compared to the regular setters at say the arch and the castle I think the setting at craggy is far superior. maybe i am more used to the craggy style but the routes seem more complex an interesting than other setting elsewhere.
 ashley1_scott 17 Nov 2012
In reply to thegreatmarkie:
Mikee and Ben both set at other centres, not sure about Mark. Mikee did some at Urban Assent, Ben recently did some at The Reach.

CaveClimber, Why would you change centres just because they only have a couple of setters. And lets face it, They climb at a far higher level than most of us could dream of ( Mark being an Ex Team GB )And Mikee being well Mikee.

RBonney 18 Nov 2012
In reply to Caveclimber: Having too many setters can lead to very inconsistent grading in my opinion.

I also find that craggy always have really a few very good routes in most grade ranges as well so for me it's no problem.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...