Culture Bunker forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Joe Brown Lecture on the "Kanchenjunga Day" at the RGS

Jim Walton on 18 Nov 2012
Who was lucky enough to go and sea Joe Brown lecture at the RGS in London Last Wednesday?

I haven't got time at the moment to write a full review but all I'll say is that the day was superbly organised by Doug Scott and his team.

Lectures ranging from the cultural aspects, geology (which was great) and art on Kanchenjunga through to climbing lectures by first routers

Doug Scott
Naoe Sakashita - Gave a lecture with no slides but was very funny and held the crowd
Vasily Elagin - My god the Russians were a tough tough bunch!
Marko Prezelj - Funny, understated brilliant climbing

Tony Streather - Understated "wasn't really a climber, got asked to join the Alpine club, before I knew it I was their President - which was nice"

and finally Joe Brown - I can't remember how long he spoke for, 1hr maybe 1.5hrs, but he had the crowd in the palm of his hand. A true legend - if he doesn't like giving lectures then he didn't show it. Lot's of people (me included) will treasure the evening they saw Mr Brown talk.

The day was all held together by Jim Curran in a good light hearted experience manner.

... not showing 4 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums