/ Rock Anchors - testing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Simon Cahill - on 18 Nov 2012
does anyone have a copy of EN 959 2007, specifically section 5 test methods for anchors. I don't really want to spend Ģ50 just to see how the UIAA like anchors to be tested! srcahill@gmail.com Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ledifer on 18 Nov 2012
In reply to Simon Cahill:
I don't but go to a library, or if you have your library card you can do it online. They usually keep loads of standards
In reply to ledifer: That's a great suggestion, maybe I should have mentioned I live in the UAE so not so easy to get to a library or other usual information sources.
scott titt - on 18 Nov 2012
Some stuff here on Jim's site, might be what you want http://www.bolt-products.com/Glue-inBoltDesign.htm and scroll to part 3
muppetfilter - on 18 Nov 2012
In reply to Simon Cahill: Try Hilti, they do a great handheld unit that I have used before on window cleaners fall arrest eyebolts.

http://www.hilti.ae/holae/page/module/home/browse_main.jsf?lang=en&nodeId=-310947

something like the unit below but with only two legs.

http://www.hilti.com/holcom/page/module/product/prca_rangedetail.jsf?lang=en&nodeId=-10418

If you dont get any joy give one of the rope access firms based in Dubai as they will either have one to rent or be able to direct you to a supplier.
andyr - on 18 Nov 2012
What are you trying to test. Is it current anchors which you want to carry on using; or testing to destruction to assess suitability?
In reply to scott titt: Hi Scott. A great document lots of good stuff but not what i was looking for.
In reply to muppetfilter: Thanks but I don't need the test gear I was looking for the document EN595 2007 section 5. I need to refer to it to write a technical report.
In reply to andyr: Well EN595 2007 doesn't require an after installation test and the test to destruction would be a lab test in concrete. What I need to do is ensure the local boys here in the lab conduct the test as per EN595, ie correct concrete mix & cured to the correct strength (50Kn), I then need to be sure they pull the bolt at the correct angles. the only way for me to be 100% we get it right is see a full copy of section 5. I have the pictorials from the UIAA site but the wording (omitted due to copyright issues) hence Ģ50 to confirm what we know. Naughty but a scanned copy would be nice.
jimtitt - on 18 Nov 2012

Hi Simon
I can mail you a copy if you send me your private mail adress. Itīs however in German but I can translate the relevant bit if you want later.
The test block has to be certified to ISO1920-3 and if I remember it is a 1 month cure time but that is something for the concrete guys, normally one just orders them from a concrete test place, there must be one in Dubai.

Jim

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.