/ Is this where a newb says hi?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
flopsicle - on 18 Nov 2012
Hope so!

I used to play on climbing walls at uni but stopped after I left. Now I'm a mum of a keen climbing 4yr old and have realised I STILL like it. Until a few weeks ago I hadn't climbed for 15 yrs, although I think I only chucked the shoes a year or two ago. After a week or two being belay slave for munchkin some mysterious power dragged me to a rock shop where apparently I was buying stickies for myself! Now, weeks later I haven't the foggiest where I've left my rings, there's chalkdust in the house and of got a slightly aching top joint in one of my fingers, hey ho, I've accepted my fate! :)
rich pyne - on 18 Nov 2012
In reply to flopsicle:

Congratulations on your return to the sport :-)

Rich
homing-penguin - on 19 Nov 2012
In reply to flopsicle: Hello!!
ripper - on 19 Nov 2012
In reply to flopsicle:
Now, weeks later I haven't the foggiest where I've left my rings, there's chalkdust in the house and of got a slightly aching top joint in one of my fingers, hey ho, I've accepted my fate! :)

I've now lost four wedding rings in the last 12 years or so, and I think Mrs R has finally given up replacing them... welcome back :-)
puppythedog on 19 Nov 2012
In reply to flopsicle: Welcome back :-) enjoy.
Al Evans on 19 Nov 2012
In reply to flopsicle: From a veteran of 50 years of climbing, Hi!
flopsicle - on 19 Nov 2012
Thanks all! I'm really enjoying it and can't remember why I ever stopped.
Flinticus - on 21 Nov 2012
In reply to flopsicle:
Take your wedding ring off & leave it somewhere safe. Only wear for good luck (to job interviews, court apperances, parent-teacher meeting...).

My wife and I haven't worn ours since we began climbing. You can tell we are married by the way we argue!
nniff - on 21 Nov 2012
In reply to flopsicle:

Welcome.

Put one of those tiny krab things on your key ring - that's where rings go, on the basis that you soon notice if you haven't got your keys.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.