UKC

Snug as a bug in a rug

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 charley 18 Nov 2012
Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for a new sleeping bag. My current one is just a cheap Outwell one. It's done it's job quite well, in summer it's great and in winter, teamed up with my down jacket it's okay. It's lasted 4 years but the stitching has started to give up now.

Was thinking of getting a similar bag again but thought maybe I should spend a bit more and get something that's more comfortable and warmer. I'm a fan of Alpkit's gear so have been on their website and spotted their SkyeHigh 600 bag. I'm sure it'll be a brilliant sleeping bag and a big improvement but am wondering if it's going to be OTT for what I need, considering I've been happy with a £20 bag for so long and I usually only camp in the Peak (throughout the year).

Can anyone recommend the SkyeHigh 600 or any cheaper alternatives?

Cheers,
 jon 18 Nov 2012
In reply to charley:

Retail therapy is great... but you can have it repaired and/or upgraded by Mountaineering Designs. You'd be amazed at the result. I was! http://www.mountaineering-designs.co.uk/
 James Oswald 18 Nov 2012
In reply to charley:

I can thoroughly recommend the Skyehigh 600.
 Jackwd 18 Nov 2012
In reply to charley: Haha! Charley I was waiting for this to come up! It was just a matter of time before you or I posted the same topic! Get some new bags and no amount of cold wind will stop us camping out.
 Jackwd 18 Nov 2012
In reply to charley: Just found this as well, looks like a good deal. Currently trying to find reviews. Snugpak Softie Elite 5 (4 Season) Google it!
 Bimble 18 Nov 2012
In reply to charley:

I've been using a Rab Ascent 500 for the past 6 months and can't fault it at all. Warm, comfy, packs down small and is light enough not to be noticeable in my pack. Not too pricey either, which is a bonus.
OP charley 19 Nov 2012
In reply to charley: Thanks guys. Still thinking about the Alpkit bags at the moment but I forgot about the Rab Outlet, think I might try and get over there to see if they have any sleeping bags in.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...