UKC

Shorn Cliff seepage?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tomar 21 Nov 2012
Really psyched to get mileage done at Shorn Cliff this weekend but I am worried about seepage, does anyone know how much the crag is affected by prolonged rain (it's been torrential all day and night yesterday here in Bristol but the forecast looks ok for the next couple of days)? I drove past it last weekend and it looked wet, mind you it had been raining the night. Wyndcliff in contrast was lovely dry.
 AJM 21 Nov 2012
In reply to Vertigo1:

The forecast I saw (met office) suggests another band of rain coming over Thursday night into Friday...

It's also still tipping it down in Cheltenham now - has it stopped in Bristol then?

My guess is there'd be a fair bit of damp around, but that's just a guess.
 Puppythedog 21 Nov 2012
In reply to Vertigo1: Shorncliffe is far more likely to be damp and seepy that Wyndcliffe. The two aren't comparable. I doubt that Shorncliffe will be dry this weekend to be honest.
 The Pylon King 21 Nov 2012
In reply to Vertigo1:

Bits of it will be dry but you will just need to start at one end and work your way along till you find them.
 Jacob Ram 21 Nov 2012
In reply to Vertigo1: Sunday was loverly and sunny in the Wye valley, but it has rained pretty solidly since. Here, just outside of Tintern , its about the wettest I have seen it in the last 2 years.
OP Tomar 21 Nov 2012
In reply to puppythedog: Yes, that confirms my fears, booooh
Oh well Avon is always a good bet after rain Need to try arms race ground up again, now that I have blown the onsight I might as well put it to bed anyway, got totally crippled by lactic at the top and took a fall off it last week, brilliant route! Andy, fancy joining us (three of us going, so you'd make up a nice bunch of 4)
 AJM 21 Nov 2012
In reply to Vertigo1:

In London this weekend I'm afraid mate. Sorry!

I might be there tomorrow, but the forecast isn't even looking that good for that any more...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...