UKC

If Leonard Cohen can still....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 21 Nov 2012

...cut it at 78 then there is hope for us all.

Went to see him live last night.

Brilliant.

I've actually seen Leonard Cohen live! I remember listening to his music/poetry 35 yrs ago and he was in his mid 40's then!
 Chris the Tall 21 Nov 2012
In reply to Removed User:
Hurrah for crooked accountants !!!
Removed User 21 Nov 2012
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Yes. I doubt I'd have seen him otherwise. But hey, my gain. And TBH he wasn't just "mailing it in", he was excellent. The musicians he had were superb and he also used a couple of backing singers from the UK - The Webb sisters?
Removed User 21 Nov 2012
 Jim Lancs 21 Nov 2012
In reply to Removed User: Yes I was sceptical about seeing him a couple of years ago in Liverpool, because a) he was Leonard Cohen b) he was very old and finally c) he was playing the Echo Arena.

But he was superb: Far lighter, more musical more entertaining than I ever dared hope. He also went on for hours as he was concerned to give people value for money.
Removed User 22 Nov 2012
In reply to Jim Lancs:
> (In reply to Minneconjou Sioux) Yes I was sceptical about seeing him a couple of years ago in Liverpool, because a) he was Leonard Cohen

Funny reason for not wanting to see him. IMHO he one of the world's most talented people. Glad you liked him, though.
Removed User 22 Nov 2012
"... my hair has gone, my moustache is grey and I ache in the places that I used to play ..."
 ripper 22 Nov 2012
In reply to Removed User: nobody asked "what's he ever done on grit" yet?
 ripper 22 Nov 2012
In reply to FrankBooth: good point - wonder if this is one of his too?
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=10445
Clauso 22 Nov 2012

Inspirational stuff!

I'm sure that I'm not alone when I say;

"Here's hoping that One Direction are blessed with similar longevity!"
Moley 23 Nov 2012
In reply to Removed User: I always admired Cohen, from his early days when everyone was knocking him as "suicide music". Eventually saw him couple of years ago in Birmingham (a dump venue), he just lit it up, simply brilliant. Great songs just kept coming and coming and musiscians were well chosen to compliment him.
Removed User 23 Nov 2012
In reply to Moley:

The musicians he had here were world class. He is an excellent poet and performer and I would happily recommend any body going to see him provided you aren't expecting death metal, hip hop or one direction.
chad halfwit 23 Nov 2012

Saw him three years ago at Glastonbury, I managed to drag my nineteen year old nephew along, was worried my standing as the cool uncle was going to evaporate, until I saw him texting his mates about this old bloke he was watching with tears in his eyes. A beautiful moment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...