UKC

I'm tempted by the DMM terrier, anyone got one yet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wilkie14c 23 Nov 2012
My bulldog is one of them heavy blue ones <BD?> and i'm temped to upgrade this to a DMM bulldog ans terrier combo, not bought shiney stuff for ages and the mrs is asking for xmas ideas....

Anyone got one? They look cool and will no doubt get used as I climb a fair bit of mixed
OP wilkie14c 23 Nov 2012
 colina 23 Nov 2012
In reply to blanchie14c:
not keen on bulldogs although not seen a blue one i have to say ,not the prettiest of breeds either i dont think.
ive got a jack russel .i find them friendly but can be quite snappy with strangers.
hope you find mans best friend soon.
OP wilkie14c 23 Nov 2012
In reply to colina: Bet he dont like being hammered into cracks
 James Edwards 23 Nov 2012
In reply to blanchie14c:
Depending upon the rock type I sometimes use large black diamond peckers. If the terrier is similar it could be a good asset. The pecker has a tapered blade for very thin seams.
Hope this helps
James
 Ander 23 Nov 2012
In reply to blanchie14c:

My order's just gone in. I'm dubious about how well it'll stay put, but hoping it might be of some use when there's nowt else about.
 mux 23 Nov 2012
In reply to blanchie14c: I would say yes .get one. more so if you climb in North Wales... and definatly if you ventre on to the black ladders.

Jamie B 23 Nov 2012
In reply to blanchie14c:

I'm tempted too, but I have a feeling they'll not inspire much confidence.

When I think about the bulldog placements that have really made me feel happy, they've all been so because they were driven in all of the way. Not sure I'd get the same reassurance from something half the size, although they could conceivably go where nowt else will, a bit like a Pecker.
 BallsOfSteel 23 Nov 2012
In reply to Jamie Bankhead:

Id imagine it would be a very capable bit of kit. the bulldog I carry on my rack Ive actually sawed and reshaped to make it shorter and better for mixed, as, to be honest, a full sized bulldog will bottom in most cracks, and though you can place them in ice....the depth you would need to hammer it home, you'd be better off with a stubby screw. has saved my bacon a number of times. I'd imagine this is probably about the length of the terrier now, but definitely will be heavier!

BOS
 nickcj 23 Nov 2012
 petemacpherson 23 Nov 2012
In reply to blanchie14c: Used the terriers last year in Glen Coe, The Ben and the Gorms and think they are even better than peckers. They can be a hard to get out, but placed well they are bomber. Well worth having on the rack as they can be placed with one hand alot easier than pegs.

Cheers Pete
 climber34neil 23 Nov 2012
In reply to blanchie14c: I have them and they are great! Really useful bit of kit
OP wilkie14c 24 Nov 2012
In reply to climber34neil: great feedback already, looks im ordering, hope DMM share some profits with exrta sales this thread may bring

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...