UKC

Crossing the road properly.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Beardyman 23 Nov 2012
Why do a significant number ofpeople cross the road at daft places when there is a crossing nearby?

I always thought it was plain lazyness but is there something inherently uncool about pressing a button and waiting for the traffic to stop?
 tony 23 Nov 2012
In reply to Beardyman:

And on a similar note, why is that the people who choose the daftest place to cross are those least able to move quickly, and why do they choose to walk at an angle of 45 degree across the road, ensuring they take longer to get across the road?

Neil Williams 23 Nov 2012
In reply to Beardyman:

I ignore those new puffin crossings because they are a pain to use. Because of where the boxes are you have to stop and check the display before walking across. If I can see that the road is clear, that's an unnecessary faff.

Neil
OP Beardyman 23 Nov 2012
In reply to tony:
> (In reply to Beardyman)
>
> And on a similar note, why is that the people who choose the daftest place to cross are those least able to move quickly, and why do they choose to walk at an angle of 45 degree across the road, ensuring they take longer to get across the road?

Exactly! I have no issue with fit able bodied folk jogging accoss and not causing any problems.

I just watch an OAP try and fail to cross a 5 lane, busy city centre street before finally give up and walk the 20m to a crossing, what a stupid cow!

I also detest other drivers who slow down and let these idiots continue, I just drive at them!
 trouserburp 23 Nov 2012
In reply to Beardyman:

I don't press the buttons or walk to zebra crossings if I don't have to because it slows down the drivers for no good reason.

Guess there's no pleasing some people
Jamming Dodger 23 Nov 2012
In reply to Beardyman: What about those who press the button to cross, wait two seconds and then cross regardless? Yes, IM ONE OF THEM!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...