UKC

Flooding SW

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dale1968 25 Nov 2012
my neighbours were flooded, it was an inch from coming in the house, if it rains as hard again tonight, looks like we will have an en suite pool!
The ducks are loving it!
Jim C 25 Nov 2012
In reply to dale1968:
> my neighbours were flooded, it was an inch from coming in the house, if it rains as hard again tonight, looks like we will have an en suite pool!
> The ducks are loving it!

What did you do, we're you able to move possessions upstairs, or out of reach of potential damage.

We get flooding where I live and it' s worth knowing insurance companies expect you to make reasonable efforts to minimise damage where possible.
I saw some people on TV yesterday with pictures off their wall in the debris, it must have been some flood, or they must hang their pictures really low.
OP dale1968 25 Nov 2012
In reply to Jim C: no upstairs, just had a cup of tea, posted phots on FB, not bothered about the furniture, it was 02:30, to late to do much, just watch the river flow by, it's all gone now, til next time!
 Tom Last 25 Nov 2012
In reply to dale1968:

Was out until 2 last might and out again first thing this morining. Flooding in Lostwitihel, Fowey, Mevagissey, Helston, Looe, Polperro to name just a few in Cornwall, Devon even worse. Getting commonplace.
OP dale1968 25 Nov 2012
In reply to dale1968: update; the wife's out filling sandbags for tonight's shenanigans....
 Wainers44 25 Nov 2012
In reply to dale1968: Pouring with rain again now, the fields are all covered anyway so there is no capacity to cope with any more rain! Better get that boat ready...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...