UKC

NEW ARTICLE: VIDEO/ARTICLE: Scotland: Rough Feels Good

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 26 Nov 2012
Charly  on Pfugelule (VIII/9), Coire an Lochain, Scotland, 5 kbIn this article from Mike Mandl and Flo Scheimpflug of Climax Magazine, we follow two visiting Austrians' adventures in Scotland, as they learn about our ethics, weather and haggis.

Get psyched for winter with some great photos by Michael Meisl, an interesting video and a fun account of why Scottish climbing is so special.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=4997
 creag 26 Nov 2012
In reply to UKC Articles:
Great article and great film. I'd say they've hit the spot in defining Scottish Winter mixed climbing. The film even manage to make Fort William high street look good! I'm impressed....
 mav 26 Nov 2012
The thought that occurred to me is that they, and indeed many of the visitors, seem to concentrate on shorter routes . Maybe I'm wrong. But it would be good to see what visitors with their undoubted talent would make of some of the great lines on the Shelterstone, for example.
 TobyA 26 Nov 2012
In reply to mav:

> The thought that occurred to me is that they, and indeed many of the visitors, seem to concentrate on shorter routes .

Presumably filming is central to that. But over the years some of the hardest routes in Scotland on big crags like Shelterstone and Megaidh have had ascents by non-British climbers (often on the BMC international meets).
 Nick_Scots 26 Nov 2012
The Picture captioned - Charly and Matthias on a typical Scottish approach - anyone know where it is ?

Looks like a granite slab below a Cairngorm crag ?
 kwoods 26 Nov 2012
In reply to Scott_vzr:
> The Picture captioned - Charly and Matthias on a typical Scottish approach - anyone know where it is ?
>
> Looks like a granite slab below a Cairngorm crag ?

Seemed like The Great Slab, Coire an Lochain to me
 Sean Kelly 26 Nov 2012
In reply to kwoods:
> (In reply to Scott_vzr)
> [...]
>
> Seemed like The Great Slab, Coire an Lochain to me

My thoughts also.
 Wee Davie 26 Nov 2012

Best Scottish Winter film I've seen. Great attitude from the guys!
 pak.pako 27 Nov 2012
The Great Slab, Coire an Lochain for me

And great movie 1***** absolutely perfekt

Thank you!!!
 Cuthbert 27 Nov 2012
In reply to creag:

Aye I know. I counted both bars of the Jack, the Tulloch phone box, Loch Laggan, Blair Atholl, Loch Lochy etc.

Good video. Visit Scotland should get it subtitled into German to increase visiting climbers.
geologist 27 Nov 2012

Im about to give up climbing, its videos like this that make me think twice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...