UKC

recomend me a cycle computer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lost1977 27 Nov 2012
already have a basic one for my road bike but as the road bike is being used predominantly with the turbo trainer its not any use really (front wheel set up)

needs to have rear wheel set up and must have cadence (cheap would be a bonus and it would be nice if it could be attached to stem rather than bars)
 Dave B 27 Nov 2012
In reply to lost1977:

Bontrager ant+ sensor with cheap ant+ watch... ???

Wireless and does both...

You can have a hrm at the same time then...

sleavesley 27 Nov 2012
In reply to lost1977: for a turbo trainer set up I have a suunto USB move stick which goes into my laptop, a garmin GSC10 speed cadence sensor (I have a garmin 500 for road). This then links with trainerroad.com on my laptop (costs $10 a month but can cancel whenever).
You then have a choice of different training schedules that can be done.
This is all based on power using information based on the turbo trainer - if you have a look at trainerroad to see if they support your turbo.

It has the added bonus that some of the sessions are set up to run with sufferfest videos to help keep your interest.
 sleavesley 27 Nov 2012
In reply to sleavesley: it also links with ant+ heart rate monitor too!
In reply to lost1977:

Cateye Strada 9 Cadence -- is wired - cadence and speed sensors mount on the non driveside chainstay - head unit can be stem mounted. -- Had one on my good bike for years. Pretty cheap from Ribble ( around £30).

Cateye do a similar wireless model at around twice the price.
OP lost1977 28 Nov 2012
In reply to Lord of Starkness:

saw the wireless version and was tempted but if the wired version is that cheap it might be a winner.
 Liam M 28 Nov 2012
In reply to Lord of Starkness: I've found the cables on the strada cadence highly unreliable. I've had two fray and eventually snap after rather shorter a length of time than I'd like. The wireless may be better, but I now use a Garmin forerunner.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...