UKC

Bouldering Costa Blanca

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JeroenandTimo 28 Nov 2012
Hi

I am off to the Costa Blanca over Christmas with the family and was hoping to get out and do some bouldering. Am finding bits of information from previous posts and google but all seems to be quite old. Has anyone got any info on where there is any good bouldering in the area and potential topos?

I am staying in the Jalon Valley (inland from Calpe) but have a car so can get round.

Thanks for any posts
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 28 Nov 2012
In reply to JeroenandTimo:

Get in touch with Mark Edwards (Compass West) - he has developed some bouldering cave(s) down by the coast.

Chris
 Tophe 28 Nov 2012
In reply to JeroenandTimo: There is some topos for the caves Chris refers to on the 'no ropes' website, you'll have to make an account and then it's the crag Villajoyosa.
OP JeroenandTimo 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Tophe: Thanks Tophe and Chris, will have a look at the site and get in touch with Compass West.

Cheers
 tomlloyd 02 Dec 2012
In reply to JeroenandTimo: Some really interesting stuff at castell de castells. Can't remember where I found the guide but may still have the PDF somewhere. Also down on the coast near Denia at a place called Les Rotes. Pretty good stuff, think there is some kind of mini guide somewhere in the ether.

Hope it's a good trip!
OP JeroenandTimo 04 Dec 2012
In reply to tomlloyd: Hi Tom, Have found the place near Denia so will give that a call. Will Google the bouldering at Castell de Castells, but if you have the PDF that would be reat. JeroenandTimo@googlemail.com if you can send it.

Thanks, sure it will be fun.
 Al Evans 04 Dec 2012
OP JeroenandTimo 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Al Evans: Thanks Al, Denia looks to have a nice castle as well, so will pop down for a walk up there and the beach with the kids and then do some bouldering with them.
 tomlloyd 06 Dec 2012
In reply to JeroenandTimo: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=393 there is an article about Olta. The walk in is pretty easy, just follow the massive path (don't veer off right on what seems like a logical path - it ends badly!).

I can't find a functioning pdf for the Castell guide. I will have another search on my computer. If not I'll scan in my copy and send it to you.

Tom
OP JeroenandTimo 07 Dec 2012
In reply to tomlloyd: Thanks for the article, had come across it before and will have a look at Olta. Have found another reference to the bouldering at Castell de Castells but could not download the guide (kept getting error messages), so if you could email it me that would be great. Thanks for the help, fingers crossed now for some decent weather!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...