UKC

One and half days in Scotland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tyler 28 Nov 2012
Partner has to be back in Penrith early Sunday evening and it seems too far to go to the highlands for one day so anyone got any suggestions for a one and half day expedition, maybe with an overnight in a bothy. I'd like something reasonably interesting like decent ridge rather than just a hilly walk. Any suggestions? Leaving Lancs Friday evening. We have the requisite skills, gear and maybe even fitness for anything challenging
OP Tyler 29 Nov 2012
In reply to Tyler:

Is there anything you can tag on to the Forcan Ridge to and a half day and is there a bothy in the area?
 kwoods 29 Nov 2012
In reply to Tyler: Hard to know what the line is between hilly walk and decent ridge or something. But short of the going to the Highlands, I think your best bet is to go to Galloway. Fairly accessible but still very quiet and remote-feeling.

It's all pretty rough going in that area, some good bothies. I've stayed at White Laggan twice, I like it a lot.
 Mike Lates 29 Nov 2012
In reply to Tyler:

Is there anything you can tag on to the Forcan Ridge

Head to Glen Coe after Forcan, doss in the car then get up early for Curved ridge?
Jim C 29 Nov 2012
In reply to Mike Lates:
Anoach Eagagh Ridge ?

Not sure about Bothy's (too close to home for me to look)
The Microlodges at Glencoe Mountain resort look good fun though.
http://www.glencoemountain.com/accommodation.html
 Mark Bull 29 Nov 2012
In reply to Jim C:

How about Grey Corries traverse (W to E) to Lairig Leagach bothy, Innses on Sunday morning?
 Lucy Wallace 29 Nov 2012
In reply to Mark Bull:
> (In reply to Jim C)
>
> How about Grey Corries traverse (W to E) to Lairig Leagach bothy, Innses on Sunday morning?

I've just done this in the other direction, though camped high rather than staying at the bothy- its perfect for what you describe:

http://www.wildonarran.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/wintery-glencoe-and-grey-corr...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...