UKC

Alberto Salazar -Mo farah's coach

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
A few rumours going about regarding statement in the morning about Alberto Salazar?

Any of the runners on here heard anything. I really hope its something more about the Nike Oregon project and his less than enthusiastic approach to supporting Nike than anything more sinister
 The New NickB 29 Nov 2012
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC):

I am not aware of anything, a quick google doesn't turn up much.
 Banned User 77 29 Nov 2012
In reply to The New NickB: Same..
 alicia 29 Nov 2012
In reply to IainRUK:

and nothing on letsrun, which surely would have jumped on any such rumours...
In reply to alicia:

OK, well hopefully jsut chinese whispers
 wbo 29 Nov 2012
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC): There have been rumours about his training for as long as he's been around.

I used to stay at the house of someone who was at Ath. West with him and said he would just disappear for weeks at a time to train.
 wbo 29 Nov 2012
In reply to wbo: And I think I should add to that that I've never heard that it was anything except moaning/jealousy.

As a comment, you will sometimes see sports scientists and psychologists talkabout the thin margins between success and failure. Then go and look at, and think about, Salazar's 'Duel in the Sun' Boston with Dick Beardsley, and think about the impact that that sort of ability to push/damage yourself can have. I cannot imagine pushing myself in a single race so hard that it permanantly damages my health.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...