Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - High quality restaurants or gastropubs in the Highlands?

Taurig - on 29 Nov 2012
Me and the girlfriend have our anniversary this weekend. The plan was to go out for a meal on Saturday night, probably to some overpriced restaurant in Glasgow that serve you three scallops for 15 and leaves you wanting a chippy afterwards.

I thought a better idea might be to make a day of it on Sunday; take a drive up north, maybe go for an easy walk or see some visitor attraction, then get lunch or dinner in a good restaurant or gastropub. It's the last bit I'm stuck on, as it's easy to find reviews on places in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Abderdenn and so on but not so much out in the styx. I've read in various broadsheets that there are old drovers inn's and so on that serve Michelin-aspirational food in spectacular settings, but can't recall the names. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or had heard of any? I'd be willing to drive for up to about 2 hours from Glasgow, west or east coast, doesn't matter.

The main thing is I'm talking good food cooked by a chef, not a microwaved shepherd's pie and chips (I would like to keep my testicles attached to my body...) This idea may get veto'd, but brownie points for trying are always good. ;) Any recommendations gratefully received.
... not showing 20 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums