UKC

NEWS: FRI NIGHT VID: Silvia Vidal - Solo Aid Expeditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 30 Nov 2012
Silvia Vidal Video, 4 kbThis week's Friday Night video is from Boreal and is a look into the life and story of Silvia Vidal one of the world's most accomplished solo aid climbers.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67644
 TonyG 01 Dec 2012
In reply to UKC News: Fantastic video! What a lady... so much to say, so much information in 13 short minutes. Thanks for sharing this, UKC, that was one of the most engaging interviews I've watched in quite a while.
 lex 01 Dec 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Wow, what a totally driven, yet mellow, woman. Very strong sense of ethics and adventure.

Having battled through the Valdivian jungles I can testify to their energy sapping deligts - the prospoect of doing it 13 times then spending 38 days alone on a massive wall is beyind comprehension.

Thanks for showing this,

Lex

Much more interesting with such a spririt of adventure than some bloke climbing under a bridge...
 footwork 01 Dec 2012
In reply to UKC News: So much more ghetto than Daniel Woods could ever dream to be.

Excellent to watch and listen. I can't even begin to understand the determination it must take to do something like that. Got to love the training plan too
king_of_gibraltar 01 Dec 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Makes Andy Kirkpatrick look like Bear Grylls.
 USBRIT 01 Dec 2012
In reply to UKC News: This is what real climbing is all about....risk and commitment going into the unknown..A totally different sport to messing around on boulders and jumping from bolt to bolt on sport climbs .
 Conor1 02 Dec 2012
In reply to UKC News:
Great interview - fascinating and inspirational!
 BelleVedere 02 Dec 2012
In reply to UKC News:

I am such a Silva fangirl. Thanks UKC.
 Mr Lopez 03 Dec 2012
In reply to king_of_gibraltar:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> Makes Andy Kirkpatrick look like Bear Grylls.

Lol!!
Roy 03 Dec 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Normally I don't watch videos of climbers talking about themselves, egos etc.
But this one is so different.
 Dave 88 03 Dec 2012
In reply to king_of_gibraltar:

Haha very good.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...