UKC

Great forum, Thought its time to introduce myself!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Irishpotatos 01 Dec 2012
Hi All

I'm Steve! I'm a pretty novice climber having started later in life and have only ever climbed indoors for roughly the last 5yrs on & off! What with work and other commitments my climbing progression isn't really going anywhere fast, but I'm a trier and love the challenge of it all! I like to get down the wall when I can for some practice and never walk away downhearted!

Great insight and info from the guys/girls who post on the forums as well as the videos featured on the site!

Anyway, I just thought I'd introduce myself on the forum and say hi!

Steve.
 RagingSphere 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Irishpotatos:
Hi Steve, welcome to UKC!
Irishpotatos 01 Dec 2012
In reply to monkeymark:

Cheers!
 stoneback 01 Dec 2012
Hi Steve,

Three words.... Welcome, get outside!

Nick.
Irishpotatos 01 Dec 2012
In reply to stoneback:
> (In reply to Irishpotatos)
> Hi Steve,
>
> Three words.... Welcome, get outside!
>
> Nick.

Cheers nick! Getting outside is definitely the next plan!
 John_Hat 01 Dec 2012

Welcome to the collective!
 ripper 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Irishpotatos: Hi Steve - where are you based? hooking up with a club, if there's one near you that's happy to take someone with your level of experience, might be a good way to get outside?
Irishpotatos 01 Dec 2012
In reply to ripper:

Hi ripper!

I'm live in N.Ireland, though i'm in and out of the UK with work a lot. As a result I miss alot of club nights and meetings etc! But i'll definitely check with a few of the climbing clubs to see whats what!

Cheers mate!
Irishpotatos 01 Dec 2012
In reply to John_Hat:

Cheers!
 Mark Kemball 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Irishpotatos: Welcome, the forums are a good place to hook up with other climbers:
"I'm in ... tomorrow, anyone fancy getting out climbing?" I've climbed with several people from the forum, novices and experienced, after replying to such posts. If you want to do this, it's a good idea to set up a profile and, once you start climbing outside, a logbook. That way, potential partners will have some idea of who they're going climbing with.
Irishpotatos 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Mark Kemball:
> (In reply to Irishpotatos) Welcome, the forums are a good place to hook up with other climbers:
> "I'm in ... tomorrow, anyone fancy getting out climbing?" I've climbed with several people from the forum, novices and experienced, after replying to such posts. If you want to do this, it's a good idea to set up a profile and, once you start climbing outside, a logbook. That way, potential partners will have some idea of who they're going climbing with.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply! Once I get a bit more free time from work I'll certainly do that! Cheers for the advice though!

Steve.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...