UKC

Autumn internationals - SPOILERS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andy 01 Dec 2012
Blimey, that was a turn up. Shouldn't get carried away and NZ didn't play well but England looked excellent in the forwards. Not sure the backs are as good as the try count suggests, but we'll take it. Thought McCaw was exceptionally gracious in defeat too.

Beer o'clock...
OP andy 01 Dec 2012
In reply to andy: Oh - and it looks like Wales were unlucky, but sounds like they didn't take their chances.
 coinneach 01 Dec 2012
In reply to andy:

Hats Off To Englandshire............To beat the AB's after their current run of form and after the other NH teams performances this Autumn is some achievement!
 Horse 01 Dec 2012
In reply to andy

> NZ didn't play well
>

Beau lux to that, England were superb today and for all bar about 10 minutes didn't let New Zealand dictate terms. HQ was rocking like a mad house in the 2nd half.
OP andy 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Horse:
> In reply to andy
>
> [...]
>
> Beau lux to that, England were superb today and for all bar about 10 minutes didn't let New Zealand dictate terms. HQ was rocking like a mad house in the 2nd half.

You'll be sounding like Gareth Edwards soon... "I think Wales HAVE to be considered amongst the favourites for the world cup...".

Steady on, Hoss - they were shit against Australia, got better against the Saffers and got better as they went on today. But until young Freddie came on the backs still didn't look great with ball in hand.

A work in progress (which is in a pretty good place with three years to go to WRC15).
 Horse 01 Dec 2012
In reply to andy:

I'm not getting carried away they are far from the finished article and need to repeat today on a regular basis.

I won't accept that somehow England won because New Zealand played poorly rather than anything the former did. That is wrong. On the day England were the better side by a good margin and didn't let the other lot dictate terms. They showed that it doesn't matter who you are, playing rugby on back foot is bloody hard and, for the most part, made New Zealand look on the ordinary side of average.
In reply to andy:

If the ABs felt anything like I did on Lundy in 95 it's no wonder they lost, mind.

jcm
OP andy 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Horse: gawd no - you don't win by 17 points just because the other lot play badly. I thought the forwards were absolutely outstanding - and to keep doing the same stuff when the ABs came back at the start of the second half was brilliant.
 Cornish boy 01 Dec 2012
In reply to andy: Thought Steve Hanson was gracious in defeat too. Amazing performance and scoreline. Can we follow it up in the 6 Nations though? Wish I'd had the balls to put a few quid on an England victory. Wonder what the odds were?
OP andy 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Cornish boy:
> (In reply to andy) Thought Steve Hanson was gracious in defeat too.

Agreed . True sportsmen when they're not spear tackling you or forearm smashing you from behind!

> Wonder what the odds were?

Blacks were 12-1 on, don't know about England.

Kipper 02 Dec 2012
In reply to Horse:
>
> I won't accept that somehow England won because New Zealand played poorly rather than anything the former did. That is wrong. On the day England were the better side by a good margin and didn't let the other lot dictate terms. They showed that it doesn't matter who you are, playing rugby on back foot is bloody hard and, for the most part, made New Zealand look on the ordinary side of average.

A good team (England} but not a very good match today. If that was 'rocking' I'd not like to be at 'HQ' on a bad day.
 MJ 02 Dec 2012
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

If the ABs felt anything like I did on Lundy in 95 it's no wonder they lost, mind.

Glad that someone English said that...

Bob Hughes 02 Dec 2012
In reply to MJ: Did anyone record it? And if so would you be willing put it on a dvd and post it to me, obviously i'll pay the postage. I managed to miss the game yesterday and the highlights today.
Horatio 02 Dec 2012
 Bob Hughes 02 Dec 2012
In reply to Horatio: thanks. but I should have mentioned that I'm in Spain so iPlayer doesn't work.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...