UKC

Recommend a 10 mile run the Peak to me please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fredt 01 Dec 2012
I usually do the 10 mile circuit around Derwent Reservoir, but fancy a change tomorrow.

Off road and circular please, any recommendations?
geologist 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Fredt:

Whaley Bridge - Furness vale along canal, upto top of Chinley Churn - Over road upto Mount Famine, back along the sett valey trail to Furness vale

Right on the edge of the Peak District, but a rewarding run, with stunning views of Kinder
ruttingstag 01 Dec 2012
In reply to geologist: if you want a hilly one, start castleton -hollins cross - down the other side up to ringing roger - east along the top to grinsdlow knoll - down to edale - up mam tor and back down to castleton.
OP Fredt 01 Dec 2012
In reply to ruttingstag:
> (In reply to geologist) if you want a hilly one, start castleton -hollins cross - down the other side up to ringing roger - east along the top to grinsdlow knoll - down to edale - up mam tor and back down to castleton.

I like hilly, but that is hilly!

climber34neil 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Fredt: do the tiggar tor course, totley ac website or FRA site will have the details
 r0b 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Fredt:

Start in the layby at the bottom of Long Hill. Cross the Goyt to Taxal, head South then West upto Windgather, along to Shining Tor then down into the Goyt Valley via Erwood. There are then a couple of options to take you back down the Goyt to your car.
 jfw 06 Dec 2012
In reply to OP:

start in hope - riverpath to castleton - cavedale - mam tor - ridge to lose hill - descend to hope

or - park at grouse (on froggat road) or curbar gap

anticlockwise from grouse - run along the top of froggat edge, cross over curbar road and run to wellingtons monument, hang a left cross the road again straight over running across slightly muddy paths to white edge, run along white edge to descent down wall to grouse. (or clockwise/ from curbar etc)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...