Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Go outdoors price match (sneaky so and sos?)

andic - on 03 Dec 2012
Got a great deal on saturday, taking advantage of their price match, but what do you make of this:

I was browsing around the sheffield store and tried on a montane black ice down jacket (225, (rrp 250)) v nice coat but I think ill give it a miss at that price.

When I got home I checked google shopping and found it on Field and Trek for 125. Imagine my glee when I realised I could get it for 112.50 from Go Outdoors. I phoned the price match hotline and was told to send them an email with the details and they would "get right back" to me, they did not. Until this morning when Go Outdoors sent me a message to say as F&T were sold out they would not be matching their price.....

Ploy? I very much think so.

Anyway the moral of the story is take your smart phone to the store and do it via human interaction, I hope it's cold this weekend :-).
... not showing 28 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums