Rock Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - via ferrata in Southwest Germany vs. Stubai Austria

cliff4012 - on 04 Dec 2012
We plan to go in mid July to Germany - myself and my 2 daughters aged 28 & 33, who are fairly competent climbers but not so strong as to do E rated via-ferrata.

I see lots of via-ferrata in and around the Zugspitz area and wonder how that area might compare to the Stubai valley - south and maybe a bit east of Innsbruck in Austria.

It would be preferable to go to the more concentrated area of climbs to minimize travel time, thus climbing more. I do find myself a bit overwhelmed with the information I've found being in German (which I don't understand) and have a hard time sifting through all the source material I have found.

We have a delightful place in Garmisch-Partenkirchen we've stayed in and enjoy the area - but have not been at all to the valley below Innsbruck - only the Insbrucker via-ferrata.

Thank you for your help with anything related you may know of.

Cliff Thomas
cliff4012@gmail.com
... not showing 3 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums