UKC

Death Star to re-envigorate the US economy?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 d_b 04 Dec 2012
In reply to Frank4short:

Almost as good as the one about replacing all US courts and police with motorcycle riding street judges who ride around dispensing justice and operate from a central "hall of justice"
 Reach>Talent 04 Dec 2012
In reply to Frank4short:
Well it could work: A lot of investment in engineering and research will stimulate the economy and a little war can be quite a boost as well. Maybe we should try that obviously in a more austerity focussed fashion? We could strap a really powerful laser pointer to a disco ball and fire it into orbit cheaply using a ballocket?
Wonko The Sane 04 Dec 2012
In reply to Frank4short: I don't see your problem with this. It is 100% accurate.

Or at least, I'm happy to hold that position if it'll help get it built....... if for no other reason than shits and giggles!
In reply to Frank4short: Just be glad the UK isn't doing it. Somehow, a 'Death Pebble' doesn't hold the same dread.
 Reach>Talent 04 Dec 2012
In reply to Wonko The Sane:
I was thinking "Minor hazard object" or "Mild peril thingy"
In reply to Reach>Talent:
> (In reply to Wonko The Sane)
> I was thinking "Minor hazard object" or "Mild peril thingy"

Or 'The Terribly Impolite Orbiter'?

It would readjust it's orbit to site over an enemy and beam down a terse diplomatic message.
 Reach>Talent 04 Dec 2012
In reply to Wonko The Sane:
Sense Of Unease Naughty Device?

Basically a big pair of binoculars and a sign saying "We are watching you in the shower" to unnerve our foes?
In reply to Reach>Talent:
> (In reply to Wonko The Sane)
> Sense Of Unease Naughty Device?
>
> Basically a big pair of binoculars and a sign saying "We are watching you in the shower" to unnerve our foes?

Sorry, but whilst your intelligence is obvious, it's clear you have no mind for military strategy. Particularly in the longer term.

Your platform is expensive and not very future proof.
What if our future foes include the Japanese or Germans?

All your weapon system will do is excite them sexually!!
 Clarence 05 Dec 2012
In reply to Frank4short:

Nah if we were involved in such shenannigans we would build a really good one for the Saudis while we make do with the "Temporary Health & Safety Executive Asteroid".
 Little Brew 05 Dec 2012
In reply to Frank4short: ar... that explains the need for this... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20536090

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...