UKC

Cairngorm conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tomjagger 08 Dec 2012
Wondering if anyone has any news on the conditions in the coires?

Me and some friends are heading up on monday, been following the forecasts and its look alright but theres not been a huge amount logged in scotland recently??

Thanks for any advice!!
 Milesy 08 Dec 2012
A lot has been unconsolidated but things will be freezing up again from tomorrow after today's thaw. I expect great conditions this week coming. I am gona try get out before the weekend as I expect a gold rush.
OP tomjagger 08 Dec 2012
In reply to Milesy:
that is the reply i was after!! cheers!!
 Andy Nisbet 08 Dec 2012
In reply to tomjagger:

I was out today. It was damp and windy but heaps of snow. The temperature has just dropped below freezing. It should be excellent.
OP tomjagger 08 Dec 2012
In reply to Andy Nisbet:
thanks andy!!
 RichJ634 08 Dec 2012
In reply to tomjagger: Keep posting to let me know how you get on. I'm heading up Friday.
OP tomjagger 08 Dec 2012
In reply to Gob_Stopper:
will do
 RichJ634 08 Dec 2012
In reply to tomjagger: Thanks! Enjoy it!
 Sharp 09 Dec 2012
In reply to tomjagger: Pretty wild up there today, struggled finding Fiacaill Buttress before deciding to descend. Would probably have been ok if we'd hit the buttress at first but traversing that slope in today's conditions was quite unpleasant.

The snow is a lot more consolidated than last week and it's not too deep, the walk in has a nice compacted path as well. Will be heading up tomorrow and hopefully be more successful than today, forecast is much better.

There were at least 20 people out braving the weather today in sneachda alone.
 Milesy 09 Dec 2012
blue skies and sunshine in glasgow just now

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...