UKC

Sheffield Heeley Climbing Boulder, installed in December 2012

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 08 Dec 2012
Hello all,

I'm turning 44 and maybe with a mid life crisis I want my youth back lol..

I was so pleased to see this new artificial boulder in my area, it deserved to be my first ever, ever YouTube video..

I cant wait to start climbing again

With music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9dANNnrDyI&feature=plcp

Vocal intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhZ3sIUUqVg&feature=plcp

All thanks to the Heeley Development Trust, situated in the Heeley Millenium Park, is this slanting climbing boulder, installed in December 2012. It's situated opposite the Sheaf View Real Ale pub, at the bottom of Gleadless Road and Sheaf Bank. An artificial boulder with the rock having a similar look at feel to the rocky outcrops of Burbage and Stanage Edge. This is a superb boulder to play and climb on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9dANNnrDyI&feature=plcp

Muel 08 Dec 2012
In reply to Removed UserLhotsegirl:

Is this in addition to the one that's already there? I regularly go there to practice. When I'm not ill/injured/busy and the weather is OK (so rarely) I often go early in the morning.
 Jon Stewart 08 Dec 2012
In reply to Removed UserLhotsegirl:

I miss living in Heeley - a great community where stuff like this happens. Maybe I'll move back one day.
Removed User 08 Dec 2012
Yes it is in addition to the one already there and still there, it's a fantastic boulde,r right close to the Sheaf View pub... completed this month..!
Removed User 08 Dec 2012
In reply to Removed UserLhotsegirl: What time in a morning do you go etc, I always feel a numpty as a 44 year old fatty lol... Nice to know there are others using this..!
darrenmcgowan 09 Dec 2012
In reply to Removed UserLhotsegirl: first time i have seen one these boulder !! do you have any info on the manufacturing of them ?
Removed User 09 Dec 2012
In reply to darrenmcgowan: Hello Darren, I am in touch with the Director of the local Heeley Development Trust, so I will find out for you and hopefully get back to you in the next few days. Krystyna
 Muel 09 Dec 2012
In reply to Removed UserKrystyna Haywood: If I go (which is rare at this time of year as it's normally damp in the morning) I go for an hour between 6.30-7.30am, seems to ramp up my metabolism so I tend to shed a load of flab in a relatively short space of time when I go every day.
 jwa 09 Dec 2012
I had a wander round it today in passing and it looks generally harder than the older boulder but good fun. I'll have to have a go on it soon. The new boulder is just below the playground you can see from the old boulder if anyone gets lost.
 Dan Arkle 09 Dec 2012
The boulder was built by Zigzag climbing walls (friends of mine).

The construction is polystyrene blocks which are carved and then sprayed over with concrete. Zigzag were quite excited about this one, as their brief was to create a boulder that more experienced climbers would enjoy (rather than beginners /kids.)
Removed User 09 Dec 2012
In reply to Dan Arkle: Dan, I will contact Sam, he did the (kiddies) climbing wall for my Tenants and Residents Area up on Derby Street. I didn't know they had anything to do with this wall. I have texted and posted the video for them. They've done a superb job, so impressed
Removed User 09 Dec 2012
In reply to Removed UserKrystyna Haywood: I have learnt this wall is being launched at 1pm on 15th December. May as well be there and enjoy. Sadly, I have an amateur radio exam due 90 minutes after that..!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...