UKC

Anasazi VCS vs Verde

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Martin W 11 Dec 2012
My Anasazi Verdes are gone at the toe (although I had to have this pointed out to me by my partner - I was oblivious!) Following my usual strategy, I shall send them off to Cheshire Shoe Repairs for a ½ resole anyway, to keep as a backup for the new pair I'm going to buy.

I've been thinking of getting the VCS this time. I've been told that they're a slightly different fit to the Verde, but unfortunately the local Cotswold doesn't have a pair in my size at the moment to try out. Before I ask them to order in a pair in my size, can anyone shed any light on the difference in fit between the VCS and the Verdes?

If it makes any odds, my feet are a little wide but the Verde 9½ fits me well in (my street shoe size is 10).
 Jus 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Martin W:

I have had loads of pairs of Verdes in 7.5 which fit me like a glove. Precise fit but incredibly comfortable. Recently I bought a pair of whites in the same size. Big mistake. Had to sell them as they were so painful.
 robthered 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Martin W:

When doing similar research to you a few people said that the VCS were very uncomfortable but certainly not for me.

Don't know about the Blancos (whites), but I had a pair of Verdes in 44 and got a pair of the VCS in the same size. Both fit me very well with the VCS probably slightly more forgiving on the front of the toes.

Just get them to order some in - they shouldn't mind, especially at the prices they charge...
 flaneur 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Martin W:

Whilst we are comparing VCSs with any shoe 5.10 ever made, how do they match up to the old Velcros? I took 9 in Velcros and Pinks, take 9.5 in Blancos, 10.5 in Dragons and 10 or 10.5 in street shoes. I have medium-wide feet.
kingofthering 11 Dec 2012
There is no noticable difference between VCS and Verdes. I had at least 5 Pairs of both now and never had any issues. They both fit my feet the same.
The Blancos are a bit different since the slingshot is a lot mor powerful some people need to go 1 size up in them (i don´t, but i can´t wear them long or in summer).

In reply to flaneur:

i wear VCS and Verdes in 6,5 (megatight RP fit) or 7 for indoor & training
dragons & arrowhead 8 and streetshoes 8

Si dH 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Martin W:
VCS and Verdes I am both 9.5, both fit the same. Blancos I am also 9.5 although the fit isnt quite so good on my feet and I have decided not to go for them any mrore. Old velcros are identical to VCS, just different rubber I thought - only had one pair of the old ones though. Blackwings (and hence presumably dragons etc) I am a 10.
In reply to Martin W:

I find Verdes and VCSs to have a near identical fit - the velcros are slightly more asymmetric but I find them equally comfortable in the same sizes. Blancos are narrower than either - I cannot get my foot into them at all, even if I go up a few sizes. I recall hearing that the Blanco last was designed to hark back to the old pinks - which I also couldn't wear.
 turtlespit 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Martin W: I've owned a couple of pairs of VCS. Tried on Verdes in the same size - fit felt pretty much the same (but didn't bother buying them since the VCS are quicker to take off).

If you have wide feet, the Galileos are supposed to be a wider, slightly stiffer version of the VCS.
OP Martin W 12 Dec 2012
In reply to Martin W: Thanks everyone for your advice. It looks like the VCS should be a fairly straightforward alternative to the Verdes for me.

The Galileo might be a step too far. Since the Verdes have been fine width-wise, I don't think I need to go for a shoe which specifically has a wider last, and the stiffer sole doesn't appeal. (I mentioned that my feet are slightly wide mainly in case the VCS was significantly different from the Verde in that respect. It sounds like they're not, or only marginally so.)

One slightly complicating factor is that my old Verdes appeared to have got lost in the post on their way to Cheshire Shoe Repairs, so I'd already bought a new pair of Verdes to replace them. Now the old ones have turned up so I'm going to get those back with revived soles. I've not taken the new Verdes to the wall yet so I'm now wondering whether to take them back to Cotswold and swap them for the VCS (their prices aren't so bad once you factor in the MCofS discount.)
OP Martin W 14 Dec 2012
In reply to Martin W: Well, that was interesting...

I was browsing in Decathlon this morning and discovered that they sell the Anasazi VCS, and they had a few pairs of 9½s sitting on the display. I tried a pair on and I now know that they are not for me: too pointy at the toes. With the Verdes I can give myself a little extra room in the toe box, and then lock the lacing half way up the shoe so that the fit over the mid foot is as secure as I need it to be. In the VCS the closure vent in the upper doesn't go down nearly as far in to the toe area so you're basically stuck with the shape as it comes out of the box, which is too narrow for me.

All of which suggests that the Galileo might actually suit me after all, if I did want to try a velcro shoe. Hmm...
 neuromancer 14 Dec 2012
In reply to Martin W:

Is there a laced version of the gallileo? Whites?
 Reach>Talent 14 Dec 2012
In reply to neuromancer:
Is there a laced version of the gallileo? Whites?

Verdes are the closest. Whites are narrower and more big toe-focussed than the verdes or galileos.

neuromancer 14 Dec 2012
In reply to Reach>Talent:

Which would you think would fit best for someone with an enormous big toe but averagely wide feet?
 Reach>Talent 14 Dec 2012
In reply to neuromancer:
Not Five Tens?

The fit with Five Tens seems to depend more on the angle of your toes than the actual width of the foot. They are a bit more chisel toed than some other makes (Red Chilli and Boreal seem a bit pointier).

From 5.10 in rough reducing order of pointy-ness:

Whites - Moccs - Old pinks - VCS - Old Blue slippers - Greens - Galileos
 neuromancer 14 Dec 2012

On second looking at feet, whilst I do have huge big toes, i also have huge toes in general. Toes all in an even 30 degree angle from the horizontal.
 Reach>Talent 14 Dec 2012
Actually maybe bump the old blues left a bit on that scale. I'll add some of their more downturned stuff to that list when I find some I can actually get my feet into.

Whites - Arrowheads - Moccs - Old pinks - Old Blue slippers - VCS - Greens - Galileos

Reach>Talent 14 Dec 2012
In reply to neuromancer:
Moccs or VCS at a wild stab in the dark? The VCS are probably the easiest to find and at least will give you a vague idea of where you need to start. Moccs should give a lot so be pretty forgiving and failing that a lace up would give you lots of room for adjustment?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...