Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - website advice

Kelcat - on 11 Dec 2012
Hi All,
I know this sort of thing has been asked before - but I couldn't find a precise answer & I know that computer things change by the day.
I'm looking to build & maintain my own website - which I want to have some static pages - i.e. what i do/offer & some blog type pages - reviews, trip reports, general musings. I already have a domain & would like to have emails that go to that domain.
I'm happy to pay a (small/reasonable) hosting fee for premium versions (don't want ad's etc) but my search is slowly sending me mad. It will need to be relatively template driven as I don't understand (or want to!) the concept of code;
So far I've looked at the following:
123Reg - everyone says no - and they've been awkward to deal with over the domain name.
moonfruit - looks like it does what it says - but haven't found it very intuitive - also can't really get my head round their blog option.They also limit 'trial' mode to 15 days & I don't want to launch the site till I'm ready.
Wordpress - doesn't seem to do email?
Wix - doesn't do email.

I know there are a lot of people in the same boat on here so any opinions / thoughts / recommendations welcome.
cheers
Kelv
... not showing 2 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums