ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Tieing belay anchors back to harness?

BigBrother - on 14 Dec 2012
I don't think there is enough discussions of knots on UKC so I thought I would start this one following comments I have seen on here.

On a recent thread I saw people talk about carrying an HMS krab which they would attach to their harness and then tie anchors to it using clove hitches. I always used to tie anchors back to my rope loop by pulling a bight through the loop and tying a Fig 8 around the loop so that the rope loop went through the middle of one end of the Fig 8. I am not sure how clear that description is but hopefully some people will know what I mean.

I can't remember where I learnt to do it that way but I don't think I would have made it up myself but now people seem to use the clove hitch to a krab method. The clove hitch/krab obviously needs an extra krab but will use a bit less rope but the fig 8 is very quick and easy.

Is my method no longer used because it is now considered dangerous for some reason?
... not showing 13 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums