Winter Climbing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Scotland: Instructor / Guide recommendations

stoneback - on 16 Dec 2012
I feel like im missing a whole part of life in Britain by not taking a proper look at Scottish winter climbing! So, I'm interested in a weekend in Scotland early next year, probably late Jan.

I don't really feel confident to just try and arrange something on here without any formal basic instruction so i'm after recommendations for a guide/ instructor to get me started. (I took this approach when i started trad climbing a few years ago and it has worked out really well)

I've done some winter walking in Scotland - and other places, as well as a winter skills course in Glen Coe which covered basic crampon and walking axe use, self arrest, avalanche awareness etc. I also climb most weekends down here in the south west, mainly trad.

I've got all the kit i would need and am keen to get out for a hard, cold weekend.

Any advise or recommendations most welcome!

Cheers in advance,
Nick.

... not showing 12 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums