UKC

A55 crags. Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 richardr 16 Dec 2012
I'm in Llandudno for a week over Christmas and hoping to get out for an afternoon or two while I'm there. Are any of the crags along the A55 quick drying enough to warrant looking at?

I think i'm more likely to be trying out the new Beacon!

Thanks in advance for any help.
 jim jones 16 Dec 2012
In reply to richardr:
Castle Inn (all crags), if it's not raining it's dry. Most of the other crags in the area don't get the sun until late in the day this time of the year. Some crags on the Ormes get a bit of sun too but not much. Dyserth Castle Slab also dries quickly.
 rockcat 17 Dec 2012
In reply to jim jones: Castle Inn and Dyserth Castle Slab are your best bets but with 60 routes Penmaen Head usually has something to offer and can be realatively sheltered but isn't getting any sun going until about 2 p.m.

> (In reply to richardr)
> Castle Inn (all crags), if it's not raining it's dry. Most of the other crags in the area don't get the sun until late in the day this time of the year. Some crags on the Ormes get a bit of sun too but not much. Dyserth Castle Slab also dries quickly.

OP richardr 17 Dec 2012
In reply to richardr:

Thanks guys,

Hopefully i'll get something done then. Might also be looking for a belay if I can't get in touch with my regular partner, who seems to have gone AWOL.

Rich

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...