UKC

You ever been a house husband?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blizzard 19 Dec 2012
What did you think to it? Its my new occupation in the new year.lol
 cuppatea 19 Dec 2012
In reply to Blizzard:

Yes. But through necessity. Whatever you do don't watch any daytime TV, it will suck your brains out through your eyes into the tellybox.
OP Blizzard 19 Dec 2012
In reply to jonnie3430:

Erm,yes, but theres no baby involved. I will simply be the 'partner' at home a great deal. Perhaps I will become an addict of UKC
 ledifer 19 Dec 2012
In reply to Blizzard:

Nope but as my fiance earns more than my I'm tempted to seed her so that I can become a house husband, Umm i mean full time dad or child rearing technician.
 Yanis Nayu 19 Dec 2012
In reply to Blizzard:I wish!
 nw 19 Dec 2012
In reply to Submit to Gravity:
Yeah kind of am atm. Agree that you should avoid daytime TV. That's valuable time you could be wasting on interforumz.
 afshapes 20 Dec 2012
In reply to Blizzard: yeah it was great, women talk crap saying its hard work ! House work in the morning and then climbing in the afternoon ! Actually it was more like climbing all day then rushing home to get the dinner on
 mbambi 20 Dec 2012
In reply to Blizzard:
Done lot's of it, with and without small kids in tow. Took me years to get the hang of tidying up and dusting is just beyond me. Loved getting more time to cook and grow a lot of veggies, chop the wood etc. And it's true if you get on with it there is the potential for a lot of free time.
Enjoy!
 teflonpete 20 Dec 2012
In reply to Blizzard:

I'm a working single dad 1 week every fortnight if that counts. Running a household and keeping on top of household chores, even when working full time is a piece of piss. Not sure how I'd cope with the boredom of being at home full time.
 Yanis Nayu 20 Dec 2012
In reply to teflonpete: Masturbation
 Run_Ross_Run 20 Dec 2012
In reply to Blizzard:

Yeah, its ok. Got back to uk in Sept and not got a job yet. Wife managed to sort one on the spot so i'm doing the cleaning etc.

And no, i don't watch T.V. in the day, can't stand it.

Needed to have something to keep me busy so running most of the time.

Job middle of Jan latest is the plan.
Kevin Rutherford 21 Dec 2012
In reply to Blizzard: I thought the term "house husband" meant that your staying at home for a reason ie to look after young kids. If not, get a job
 colina 21 Dec 2012
In reply to Blizzard:
look wots happened to tyrone dobbs.be careful
 doz generale 21 Dec 2012
In reply to Blizzard:

I'm a house husband at the moment looking after 3 little kids. It's harder work then any job i've ever had and i feel like my brain is being slowly pickled. I go for days on end without having a conversation with any adults other then my wife and random shop keepers. I can't wait to get back to work once the kids are old enough to go to school. In fact, that is the only thing keeping me from going insane. I can fully understand why housewives get depressed and hit the booze/Valium. Life is a constant round of cleaning, cooking and shopping while trying to keep the nippers entertained. Just Leaving the house with three kids under 3 years old is a nightmare. Going anywhere has to be organised like a military operation.

I should imagine without the kids being a house husband would be easy but very boring after a while.
Kevin Rutherford 21 Dec 2012
In reply to doz generale: Ive been looking after my wee girl for the last 2 years, working weekends on and off. Its hard but i suppose a bit easier for me with just 1 wee one. Totally agree with everything you say, your not on your own mate! Looking forward to getting back to full time work myself, life goes on.I suppose its great seeing the wee nippers developing (at our expense....)

Id last about 2 weeks being house husband with no wee ones about, boredom would soon set in.
 ollieollie 21 Dec 2012
In reply to teflonpete:
> (In reply to Blizzard)
>
Running a household and keeping on top of household chores, even when working full time is a piece of piss. Not sure how I'd cope with the boredom of being at home full time.

agreed, my missus thinks because she works less than part time thats means she doesnt have to do housework because she has worked, i'm full time 6 days a week and do the housework on top, she thinks it does itself! i think its the problem that will finish us eventually!

i could be a house husband with my eyes closed

Kemics 21 Dec 2012
In reply to Blizzard:

Need to start training more jiu-jitsu or something, lift some weights etc to counter balance the emasculation. I know it's modern era etc but if I wasn't chopping wood shirtless in the snow and doing hill runs I'd feel like a wimp :P
 teflonpete 21 Dec 2012
In reply to ollieollie:
> (In reply to teflonpete)

> agreed, my missus thinks because she works less than part time thats means she doesnt have to do housework because she has worked, i'm full time 6 days a week and do the housework on top, she thinks it does itself! i think its the problem that will finish us eventually!

Part of what finished my ex and I.
 Tom Last 21 Dec 2012
In reply to Blizzard:

I'm sort of one. I do pretty much all of the housework and cooking, but we have no kids. Work pretty much full time but with irregular hours so easy enough to fit it all in and still do a fair bit of climbing and running etc (we have no television). Missus works pretty much a 60+ hour week so seems fair enough.

Denni 21 Dec 2012
In reply to Blizzard:

In my view, I always thought being a house wife, house husband meant looking after children. So doesn't this mean you're just unemployed? I know in the 50's wives stayed at home to look after the house even without kids but surely people don't just stay at home just to do the housework and the dishes any more?

Please don't think I'm being rude and of course there may be other circumstances that I'm unaware of and if there are, then thats that but genuinely interested as to why in this day and age people would stay at home just to do domestic chores.

Den
Stay at home dad
 cuppatea 21 Dec 2012
In reply to Denni: (and somebody further up the page)

Disabled people?
 Denni 22 Dec 2012
In reply to cuppatea:
> (In reply to Denni) (and somebody further up the page)
>
> Disabled people?

Of course and no doubtless a lot of other people have to stay at home for other varying reasons but I'm asking if it is a voluntary choice and there are no other mitigating factors then why in this day and age would you just stay at home to do the housework if there are no children involved.

I mean, after breakfast and 10 minutes housework, what are you doing for the rest of the day? Unless you're full time SPA or ML training

doz generale 22 Dec 2012
In reply to ollieollie:
> (In reply to teflonpete)
> [...]
> Running a household and keeping on top of household chores, even when working full time is a piece of piss. Not sure how I'd cope with the boredom of being at home full time.

I think that to keep on top of household chores, without kids, you would only need to spend an hour or two a day tops. Unless you live in a stately home. With three kids under 3 years old I struggle to get everything done. My twins (2 1/2 years old) can turn a tidy room into a mass of toys and shredded paper within minutes. They also seem to emit crumbs where ever they go. My other child is 10 months old, she basically follows the twins round eating the trail of crumbs and lego they leave in their wake so my main job is following the twins hoovering and sweeping anything that the tiny one could choke on. All three of the little dudes are in nappies so by the end of each day I have changed about 12 nappies. The twins will each have at least one large tantrum a day and at least two fights with each other a day. Trying to fit the normal household stuff in is a challenge.
>

Denni 22 Dec 2012
In reply to doz generale:

Luckily I have just the one nearly 3 year old feral child to contend with!
Feel for you mate, our neighbour has 2 year old twins and a 4 year old and they run ragged all day every day, well I don't mean misbehaving I just mean being kids at that age.

Keeping on top of housework, washing, shopping etc without kids is an absolute piece of piss even with a full time job. Either that or it's just bad organisation.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...