Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Expedition to climb 10 highest peaks in Afganistan

dominicbarone - on 20 Dec 2012
I want to set up an expedition to climb the 10 highest peaks in Afghanistan the peaks will be (listed in height order not in the order they will be climbed);

1 Noshaq, 7,482m
2 Kh-e Bandak, 6,812m
3 Kh-e Bandaka, 6,812m
4 Kh-e Tlks, 6,435m
5 Pr Yakhh-ye Darah Sakh, 6,414m
6 Sakar Sar, 6,271m
7 Qalah-ye Sorkh, 6,171m
8 Kh-e Mnjn, 6,130m
9 Kh-e Sar-e Tund, 6,001m
10 Kh-e Yazhmi, 5,989m

Well this would be my dream expedition but maybe it would have to be cut back we'll see.

For me Afghanistan is a beautiful country with a vast history and culture, most people dont even think about it as a country to go and explore for obvious reasons. It has the potential to have a vast amount to offer mountaineers and other outdoor sports enthusiasts. Its a country that as we all know is war torn but I would like to promote the other side of this country the side that the journalists dont show and show that its becoming more accessible. I would like to raise money for some relevant charities even though I havent as of yet decided which ones (help for heroes will seems a relevant one and a great cause), Im open to suggestions though.

This is clearly an idea in its very early stages but Im looking for anyone that would be interested in setting up a team and helping to organise, logistics and not only mountaineers but support staff as well. I would really like to be able to have some Afghan mountaineers on the team being as we would be in their backyard. No dates or time scale has been arranged just yet, as its just an idea that I had but maybe to coincide the expedition with the military operations ending and the troops coming home would be an idea.

If anyone is interested or has any ideas then please message me.

cheers
Dom
... not showing 19 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums