UKC

Rain and long hair

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gudrun 23 Dec 2012
Hi
This may ound a bit silly but it would help get me back out running again.
I have really long hair which takes a good 30 to 40 minutes to straighten but i also like to go running outside,are their any ideas on how to keep it dry without stuffing it all into a bonnet and looking like a dreadhead?I wear a baseball cap.
Just wondered if any of you lassies or even lads might have something they use.
 Wonrek 23 Dec 2012
In reply to GudrunEnsslin: Haircut? Seriously though you are going to wash it regardless of whether you stuff it into a cap? In which case it'll need straightening.

Or become a real runner and outrun the unnecessary vanity?
 peas65 23 Dec 2012
In reply to GudrunEnsslin:

I wear a buff but dont really care too much about hair but i guess you could adapt it. If i need to have the hair nice, then run early and wash it.
PixieNinja 23 Dec 2012
In reply to GudrunEnsslin: if you're not too fussed about straightening it before running, pig-tails or pig-tail plaites are good, that's what I tend to do for climbing may still get wet but stops it sticking to you so much when wet.
 Simon Caldwell 23 Dec 2012

Proper fell runners either have pig tails or are bald.
the real slim shady 23 Dec 2012
In reply to GudrunEnsslin: buff and tuck it in the back of your jacket??

*disclaimer: I am neither a runner, female or have long hair, I am 17 and have been balding for the past 2 years, and as a result my my hair is about 5mm long
 MJ 24 Dec 2012
In reply to fly:

*disclaimer: I am neither a runner, female or have long hair, I am 17 and have been balding for the past 2 years, and as a result my my hair is about 5mm long

By UKC standards, that makes you an authority on the matter...
OP Gudrun 24 Dec 2012

This buff idea is intriguing especially if the rest of your hair is tucked into your jacket.
This could be the very solution i need as i don't have much time on my hands to straighten my hair after doing long hours in a physical job and then doing a 5k in the rain.
Many thanks.
ceri 24 Dec 2012
In reply to GudrunEnsslin: Is your hair very curly or something, why does it need straightening? I just plait mine and wear a buff to avoid the flyaway bits.
OP Gudrun 24 Dec 2012
In reply to ceri:

One word- Ringlets

I hate them and never wear my hair like that.
 fred99 24 Dec 2012
When you run, as with any physical activity, you will sweat.
Your head sweats just like the rest of your body.
If your head is covered up it will sweat more.
If you do not wash after running (or other activity), then sweat will build up and start to pong.
Hence you will need to wash your hair as well as the rest of you after running.
Therefore covering up your hair is a waste of time.

This is one reason why I kept my hair relatively short when I was running every day.
softlad 24 Dec 2012
In reply to GudrunEnsslin: 30-40 minutes of straightening? Life's too short for that sort of caper.

Get some clippers and enjoy the simplicity of a Number Four.

Because you're worth it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...