/ Peak Eastern Edges Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jackwd - on 23 Dec 2012
Is there much dry rock about? Trying to decide whether to make the trip across tomorrow?
mark20 - on 23 Dec 2012
In reply to Jackwd:
Stuff in the sun and wind was dry today at Burbage N, but the back of cracks a bit greasy. I'd guess Stanage and Curbar will be similar.
Dan Arkle - on 23 Dec 2012

It would have been ok today, dried by a strong and (relatively) mild wind. Groundwater is high, anything that can seep will be wet.

No rain predicted overnight, but with light rain or drizzle predicted for most of tomorrow I wouldn't make a long trip for it unless you are very optimistic.
Michael Hood - on 23 Dec 2012
In reply to Jackwd: Rivelin was ok today but if it rains, who knows
Jackwd - on 23 Dec 2012
In reply to Jackwd: Thanks guys. MWIS has a small threat of isolated showers!
The Norris - on 23 Dec 2012
In reply to Jackwd:

Birchen was dry today, if not a bit soggy underfoot, with the odd line affected by seepage. Worth a risk i say!
Jackwd - on 04 Jan 2013
In reply to Jackwd: Tried a visit yesterday, all crags are soaked! Ground sodden also, might take a couple of days to dry up enough! Clag was down too.
Jackwd - on 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Jackwd: Anyone been up on the edges recently, whats the situation with snowmelt/seepage? Is it worth a punt this weekend?
Chris the Tall - on 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Jackwd:
More snow forecast tonight, slightly warmer tomorrow, then rain sweeping in late on Saturday. You might find stuff to do tomorrow, but I doubt it - they'll be a lot of melting snow. Theres probably been a foot or so of snow around Burbage and Stanage (was cycling up there on Weds).
ads.ukclimbing.com
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Also worth remembering that after a prolonged cold spell warmer weather will cause condensation on all chilled surfaces so everything will be wet for a couple of days.

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.