/ FS: Various guidebooks/maps
I've also got some other gear for sale but had to break the list down into two posts, hence the funky numbering below. Feel free to check out that post too.
NB. All books are in very good cond unless stated otherwise and price includes P&P.
17. Yosemite Valley Freeclimbs (Supertopo, 2003) - £10.
18. Mallorca Rockfax (2006) - £15.
19. Waterfall Ice: Climbs in the Canadian Rockies (Joe Josephson, 2003) - £15.
20. Snow, Ice & Mixed: Guide to Mont Blanc Range: Vol 1 (Damilano) - £15. Excellent for photo recces but use another guide for route description.
21. Julian Alps (R Collomb, 1978) - £10.
22. Ecrins Park: Dauphine Alps (R Collomb, 1986) - £10.
23. Escalades Autour D'Ailefroide (Cambon) - Paperback of rock rtes nr Ailefroide campsite. £5.
24. Climbers Guide to Squamish (McLane) - £15.
25. Orpierre - guide to crags around Orpierre, tick marks but still good cond. £10.
26. Ben Nevis SMC Guide (2002) - definitive guide to the Ben, Creag Meggie & others. Slightly wrinkled pages from using in wintertime but no pages stuck together or anything. £15.
27. Rock Climbing in Snowdonia (P Williams, pub 2002) - The fact this looks quite outdated now just shows how quickly guidebooks have come along in recent years! Its black & white, gives good descriptions and covers a wide area, selected only. Been wet in past so wrinkled pages, few tears & gaffa tape on edges of cover, but 95% fine - still does what you need of it! £6.
28. The Rock Climbing Guide to Europe (D Jones, 1991) - An interesting smattering of routes & crags across Europe. Not a modern guide but still useful for planning a euro roadtrip. £6.
29. Rock Climbing Europe (Falcon Guides, 2006) - A large, coffe table type book. Also useful for planning a roadtrip and detailed enough on some crags that you could just rock up (if you wanted to hunk this guide to the crag!). Wrinkled pages due to getting damp in van but still perfectly readable. £15 (due to P&P).
30. Mountaineering in Antarctica (Gildea, 2010) - A beautifully presented coffee table book. More general overview than specifics on particular rtes but excellent nonetheless. £23.
31. The Complete Guide to Rope Techniques (Constable Guide, 2003) - black & white but still very relevant. Pays particular attention to techniques for SPA/MIA. Vgc other than having got slightly damp means slightly wrinkled pages. £7.
32. UIAGM 'Mountain Guide Info' Book (2008) - a little book of alpine hut telephone nos etc worldwide. Produced by UIAGM for use by its guides but available to public. £5.
33. Lightweight Alpine Climbing with Peter Croft + Free Climbing with John Bachar (both Stackpole Books, 2006) - two thin books. £10 for both.
34. Mountains of the Mind: A History of a Fascination. £3.
35. Europe on a Shoestring (Lonely Planet, 4th Edtn) - Also vital for planning a roadtrip! Excellent cond. £11.
36. Lakeland Mountain Challenges: A guide for Walkers & Fellrunners (Turnball, 1999) - includes Lakes Three Thousands and other. £5.
37. Chamonix: Massif du Mont Blanc. 1:25k. £5.
38. As above, £5.
39. France map (2003) - 1:1M. For travel. £2.
40. France map (2007) - 1:1M. For travel. £3.
41. Sciora 1296 - 1:25k covering Piz Badile area. £4.
42. Arabba Marmolada (No 7) - 1:25k covering Arabba/Canazei/San Matino area. £4.
43. Cortina d'Ampezzo (No 3) - 1:25k covering Cortina/Tofana area. £4.
44. Julijske Alpe 1:50k + Nationalpark Triglav 1:35k - two maps covering Triglav National Park (for the N Face of Triglav as well as good hiking). £9 for both.
45. Jasper & Maligne Lake 1:100k - hiking map to Jasper National Park. £4.
46. A-Z Visitors Map of Lake District - suprisingly useful for planning in the evenings as it covers the whole district on one map and includes most crags! £2.
47. OS 'Ancient Britain' map - not climbing related in any way but interesting nonetheless! Shows clearly where the best ancient monuments are around UK. £4.
48. British Antarctic Survey Sheets 13A & 13B: Antarc Pen, Weddell Sea, Graham Land, S Shetland Islands - I have written on it neatly in pen & highlighter but still perfectly useable. £4.
As I said, any questions or photos needed let me know. Payment is to be by Paypal, to muttlers90 at hotmail dot com.
I'll take #41 - you have mail
an i take 17 please. paypal?
Yep, the Yosemite guide's still available. I'm going to have to delete this thread later today as I'm off to Europe tomorrow, so drop me an email. If you can email me your address this morning then I'll post it to you today. And, yes Paypal would be preferable, its the same email address for me. Cheers.
Hi doz, yep the Ecrins guide is still available. As above, drop me an email as this thread will be deleted this afternoon. Email me your address and I'll post today. Cheers.
Hey all. I'm currently trying to get this Premier Post deleted as I'm off to europe tomorrow and won't be able to follow it. But if anyone desperately wants anything remaining then drop me a PM and I'll action on my return in couple weeks. Cheers, happy climbing in 2013.
Elsewhere on the site
Perhaps the perfect Xmas gift for the climber in your life... Wild Country's Crack School has two of the worlds best crack... Read more
Rock shoes stink – let’s face it. Boot Bananas are the perfect way to fight the funk and keep them fresh. They help... Read more
Tonight's Friday Night Video features the Norwegian town of Rjukan, once believed to be the home of the world's tallest... Read more
F ounded in 1993, Mountain Hardwear are a pretty young mountaineering clothing and equipment manufacturer but are also one of... Read more
With four photos in this week's top ten, and a UKC gallery of stunning images we thought it was time we had a chat with... Read more